Question of the Day- May 9th!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oops.... Sorry it's late!

We had a discussion at work yesterday about high end designer knock-offs. So I thought I would make that my question of the day.

Would you buy bootleg merchandise?

I think I would buy knock-off designer stuff but I'm not sure I could buy stolen merchandise.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Naaah not really. I'll just look for something comfortable that fits. If it's a name, well I guess that's a bonus because technically it shouldn't fall apart as fast as anything cheaper. if it's not, no big deal.

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not really into designer stuff myself. I do most of my shopping at Hot Topic...or Target.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might if it was something I really liked at a VERY good price. I had a client that had a Coach bag that was really nice. It was big, had plenty of inside storage pockets, and looked really nice. Hers was genuine Coach. I doubt even a bootleg would be in my price range, though.
I really do not like bootlegging music. I will take a song or 2 off a website, just to see if I like it, even play it at the tattoo shop, then go buy the cd. If people keep bootlegging music and the musicians don't make any money, we get no more good music from them, especially if it is someone that is kind of specialized, and has more of a particular following. We love Shooter Jennings, who is finally starting to get some play on his own, not just Waylon's kid, but we listen to stuff on youtube and then buy it. He has his own sound, but will occasionally pay a little homage to his dad in his music. Ray Wylie Hubbard has some of the most profound, thought provoking lyrics you will ever hear, but unfortunately, many of you will never hear them. Please check him out on youtube. You will want to buy his cds and listen closely to them.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Designers mean little to nothing to me. I like c-h-e-a-p!

I buy most of my stuff from Zellers because I get a 10% discount or Wal Mart.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quite honestly, if I buy something 'designer' or name brand, it's because I'm interested in the quality more than anything else. So, no...I wouldn't purchase a knock-off. I am morally against buying stolen merchandise!

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Designers mean little to nothing to me. I like c-h-e-a-p!
I'm not into labels or any fancy, so no I would not buy anything bootleg or fancy at all.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Quite honestly, if I buy something 'designer' or name brand, it's because I'm interested in the quality more than anything else. So, no...I wouldn't purchase a knock-off. I am morally against buying stolen merchandise!
This says it exactly for me!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nope, i cant even tell you what jeans i wear.
i go to the store, try them on, if they fit, i take home.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't buy it if I knew it was stolen!!! No way! I had friend who was caught with a stolen iteam and he had no idea! It was such a MESS!

I would much rather buy knock offs!!!