I met Cheryl (mistressotdark)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheryl and I have been talking about meeting up for a while now, but it has been too cold. Today I was going to be in the area of where she worked so we decided to meet after she finished work.

We had a coffee and talked for about 45 minutes. She's way cool! And very nice. She brought an album of her pictures. Awesome pictures. Very talented. One day soon she's going to take some pictures of Chynna ... and maybe Abby if she will come out of hiding.

It's great to finally put a face to a name.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is so cool that you got to meet her in person.
And her pictures are awesome!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That must have been fun! I've only met up with one other (non-family/non-colleague or student/non- old friend) TCS member, fwan, but I also had an opportunity to meet her mom, and to get to know her kitties, Teufel and Kaylee.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's really cool! Glad you had fun.

I've never met anyone here in person, the few people that I talk with through PM's live nowhere close to me. I'm just waiting for the day when I come in here and there's a "KS TCS meetup" thread. There seems to be a lot of meetup threads lately.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great! I love TCS meet-ups!
Cheryl's photos that I've seen so far have been awesome, so I'm sure her album was great.
I've meet lots of TCSers, and even got to meet Kiwideus when I was in New Zealand.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very cool! I'm getting so excited about our meetup on the 31st -- and now there are lots of other meetups being planned, too. We have this very close little community here, but it actually stretches all the way around the world! Amazing!

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep..we had fun! I managed to get there a little earlier then she thought - I walk pretty fast when I want to.. I had a nice time too and yes it was nice putting a face to my name...I believe I posted the halloween pic you liked on here..under the photoshopped works thread I started. Don't forget the flower I gave ya. :-) yes..hopefully soon I can stop by and take some photos for you :-)

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How cool... I love meeting people from here.

Originally Posted by h~chan

Wow, that's really cool! Glad you had fun.

I've never met anyone here in person, the few people that I talk with through PM's live nowhere close to me. I'm just waiting for the day when I come in here and there's a "KS TCS meetup" thread. There seems to be a lot of meetup threads lately.
You could always start one yourself.
They don't always work out but it can't hurt to try.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YEP!!! i met Tricia, she is awesome i have to admit my kitties are much friendlier to people than Jamie!
I have to come and see you again before my departure!

I missed the opportunity meeting Danielle Huggles but i will catch up with that when i get there.

I am meeting someone on TCS in june.. be prepared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only met one other person from the "internet" and that was about 5 years ago. I flew down to Detroit to meet him. My brother was absolutely freaked out!

Gil, told me to tell my brother that if anyone tried to mess with me, that he would shoot them with one of his 6 guns!
I told him "NOOOOO! I can't tell him that!!!"

I did take some precautions before going though. I left all of my travel itinerary with my brother, Gil's full name, address and phone number which was also where I was staying, which freaked my brother out even more!
Gil and I had met on a gaming site, so I also gave the information along with my brother's information, to a friend of mine who was also the game's producer, with instructions that if he didn't hear from me by a certain date to call my brother and the police!

I wasn't worried going to meet Gil though. He looked like a "Hell's Angel", but he was so sweet! We had known each other online for almost 2 years and had lots of late night talks on the net and on the phone. But I would have also been stupid to not have taken the precautions I did.