Exam Stress!

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This afternoon I have to sit for an oral examination on a seminar class that I took this semester on English Revolutions. The class covers the English Reformation to the Glorious Revolution. I've been pouring over my notes for hours upon hours, but I feel more confused now than ever! It also doesn't help that I am going on NO sleep as I had a very sick and loudy snoring husband on my hands last night. (Also, Ringo pulled down the bedroom curtains at 2 am! Crazy kitty!) I have a horrible sense of foreboding...I just feel like this is not going to go well AT ALL.

Anyway, I just needed to vent as I am feeling beyond stressed. I just want to collapse after my exam is over, but I have to come home and mark my students' exams as grades are due in tomorrow. Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took my econ exam last night and there was a section on aggregate demand/supply that left me
just think of how relieved you will be when it is all over! good luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you - and yes, I will be beyond relieved when this dreaded thing is over with! It wouldn't be so bad if it were a traditional exam rather than an oral exam...with a professor that intimidates me terribly!

I am just sitting here reviewing, reviewing, and reviewing some more...waiting for 3:30 to get here. It's agony!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carley

Thank you - and yes, I will be beyond relieved when this dreaded thing is over with! It wouldn't be so bad if it were a traditional exam rather than an oral exam...with a professor that intimidates me terribly!

I am just sitting here reviewing, reviewing, and reviewing some more...waiting for 3:30 to get here. It's agony!
Put your notes away!

The worse thing you can do is cram before an exam. In fact the worse thing you can do is study the day before an exam!

Put your notes away. Go run yourself a hot bath and go and soak and relax. Then go to your exam.

You will do absolutely fine!

So far as the professor being intimidating, remember he's a person just like you are. No better and no worse and he's not above you. You are both on the same level.

All you are doing is sabotaging yourself right now by cramming and worrying and stressing out. Step back and relax. You got this far because you know the material, and you will do just fine

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
gah tell me about it 2 weeks till end of semester, and I'm going nuts. I'm driveing the household up a wall.

I'm sure you will do fine.