I am a magnet for lost animals!!!

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It seems that lost animals always find their way to me!!! I have returned many lost cats and dogs to their owners over the past few years, but I don't know how this all started. I'm not sure why they always seem to come to me...maybe I am always looking for animals that appear to be lost and roaming? I know I always pay a lot of attention to "lost pet" signs. I have even returned a few that I had seen on a sign and later found them roaming! Sometimes I find them while out walking or driving, and a lot of times they end up at my house (almost like they are asking me for help)! lol!
Luckily I usually find them after hours and return them home before animal services is open again, otherwise I would have to turn them in.

My friends make fun of me, DH rolls his eyes, and my family just says "Here you go again..."

I absolutely LOVE the happy endings of returning the animals home to the worried owners

Anybody else tend to find and return lost animals a lot??

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm absolutely convinced that animals do sense "good people!" Cats especially are often intensely psychic, and particularly when in distress. It's a tremendous honor, I think, when animals gravitate to you that way... a sign of a good soul.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

It's a tremendous honor, I think, when animals gravitate to you that way... a sign of a good soul.
Aww, that makes me feel special! I'm just glad iI have been able to help all of them so far!

One time we found a yellow lab we had seen on a "Lost Dog" sign. When we finally got a hold of the "owners" they said they had already found their dog! Oops!! The next we day we were out walking the dog and a car pulled over and asked if we had seen a yellow lab....hmmm, you mean the one we are walking? lol.

I still regret giving that dog back...the dog was not at all excited when the owner walked up and even the owner noticed and said "he looks happier with you, do you want to keep him?!". Apparently it was actually his wife's dog, but when we walked him back to the house she immediately put him in a small crate
(he was happy to see her, but still). There were many times when I was driving by the house that I was close to going in and stealing him!!!

Pix-sorry you have strange people gravitate toward you...animals are definitely more fun, lol.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have pheromones that animals sense as "I am a sucker. I will pet you, feed you and pay attention to you for however long you would like." I am a pet magnet. Male pets think I am a queen. Females aspire to be a princess like me.
My favorite story is one when our neighbors had a pool party and their friends showed up with their Doberman puppy. Neighbors had a cocker spaniel mix little girl doggie. She loved me. Big, slobbering Doberman (no offense to Dobermans) immediately came over to me where I was sitting. Sam, the spaniel, got on her hind feet, put her paws on my knees, barred her teeth and growled at the Doberman. I knew what that growl meant - "Hey, this is my softie. Find your own!"

I am just like my Dad. I sometimes think that he is with me when I am with my pets, telling me how to love them.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't find lost animals, but I tend to find lost wallets. I always make sure they are returned, intact as I found them. I try to find a phone number, if I don't I turn them over to the police.