Arm & Hammer: Have to get this off my chest

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, it's amazing how the same company can make different products some which are great, and some plain out stink (literally).

1. A&H Multi Cat Strength - Even better than my favorite Tidy Cats. I'm really impressed. Superb clumping (which equals value in the long run) and great odor control. I'm a fan.

2. A&H High Performance - More like low performance! I will never buy this again. Bad odor control, consistency like sawdust, sucky clumping. Thumbs down big time.

3. A&H Super Scoop - Have box in house, will try it soon.

Alright, thanks. Had to get that off my chest. (PS 1 & 2 are scented, don't know about 3 yet)

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm, interesting.

I used A+H Multicat... and it didn't seem to clump well for me at all. The clumps fell apart when I scooped it. It did have good odor control though. I barely smelled my cats' stuff.

I switched over to Scoop Away. It clumps HARD and has good odor control. Unless my nose is right on top of the litterbox when they go, I don't smell it. The only bad thing I could think of about Scoop Away is the dust, but I can deal with that. If I put the litter gently into the litterbox, the dust isn't bad at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah to the dust of Scoop Away. Other than that I think it's a pretty good litter.... Oh yeah the scent - I don't really like it, but it's not a bad litter.

I'd buy
1. A&H Multi Cat as my top choice followed by
2. Tidy Cats regular followed by
3. Scoop Away

I'd only buy these if I was 'desperate ' and there was nothing else
. Feline Pine Scoop
. Feline Pine
. WBCL
. A&H High Performance
. Fresh Step

Lucky for me my cats allow me to try different litters without protest

kittycurledup

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like the A&H multi cat as well as Scoop Away. My cats are not picky about litter type, so I can experiment with litters and they won't mind. *Except* for Yesterday's News brand. We were advised to use it for 10 days afterBonnie was spayed. That was 10 days of picking up poop off the floor. She did not like it at all!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

Yeah to the dust of Scoop Away. Other than that I think it's a pretty good litter.... Oh yeah the scent - I don't really like it, but it's not a bad litter.
Scoop Away comes in an unscented version - i haven't seen it in the grocery stores, but i've found it at Petsmart!

robertm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

3. A&H Super Scoop - Have box in house, will try it soon.

Alright, thanks. Had to get that off my chest. (PS 1 & 2 are scented, don't know about 3 yet)
A&H Super Scoop is available in both fresh scent and unscented.