How to get a Ragdoll Kitty??

cattiew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really need advice from Ragdoll breeders on how to obtain a show quailty Ragdoll kitty. it's my friend who wants a Ragdoll kitty. However there are a lot of ragdoll breeders who do not want to sell kitties to far east. in fact she have already got a show quailty ragdoll living very happily with her and she want one more to keep her existing one company. can anyone teach me that how can i get a kitty from a good ragdoll breeder? she only want it as pet and willing to desex her kitty before / soon after she obtain the kitty.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd check TICA breeders too. But why does she want a show quality cat if only for a pet? Maybe that's why the breeders don't want to sell - cause she's not interested in showing the cat for the breeder.

Have you looked on the net for Hong Kong Ragdoll breeders? Or maybe in Japan?

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

But why does she want a show quality cat if only for a pet? Maybe that's why the breeders don't want to sell - cause she's not interested in showing the cat for the breeder.
I was wondering the same thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cattiew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd check TICA breeders too. But why does she want a show quality cat if only for a pet? Maybe that's why the breeders don't want to sell - cause she's not interested in showing the cat for the breeder.
the reason she wants a show quality since she is showing her kitties however she does not interested in entering breeding programme. she already search for the breeders in asia pacific and there is not many choice for colour pattern etc.

she also contacted some us breeders but a lot of them not willing to ship / sell their kitties to far east.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, she wants to show in the altered classes. I understand now - I have more fun there then worrying about breeding. Charlie is a Grand Champion now, and have another Oci or order for next year - will also be an altered show cat.

Good luck, hopefully someone will be willing to sell her a show alter cat soon.

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cattiew

the reason she wants a show quality since she is showing her kitties however she does not interested in entering breeding programme. she already search for the breeders in asia pacific and there is not many choice for colour pattern etc.

she also contacted some us breeders but a lot of them not willing to ship / sell their kitties to far east.
Has she already shown her other Ragdoll before? If so, was she able to get her cat granded? Personally, I'd be more than happy to send out a show quality cat overseas if the cat were going to a loving home that I knew already liked to show cats -- especially to an area where it would be helpful to promote the breed! Too bad I don't breed Ragdolls!

I would advise that your friend sign up for ragdolls or ragdollsOfAmericaGroup under yahoo groups. This way she can get to know breeders (and they can get to know her!) and hopefully find someone willing to work with her, in spite of the long distances.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a ragdoll breeder here in Malaysia producing show quality cats...Dragostea Ragdolls. Do a google search, you'll find them! No quarantine from Malaysia to HK. There's a Ragdoll cattery in China as well.