Please help!

lennon33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok so she last her plug and the clear, greenish disharge...she is pushing but i am not seeing a nose or a head it looks more like a tail? what is this? is this normal? is it a kitten tail? i thought they were in sacs?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lennon33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
do i need to call my vet?

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep thats normal Sadies first one was tail first...-The sac is usually over the kittens face when it comes out mom will normally clean it off if not you can take a wash cloth and gently..very gently wipe it off...the placenta will come out after the kitten make sure you have a placenta for each kitten!

lennon33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok she had the forst one she opened the sac but did not know what to do i cut the cord myself after i tied it off that is what my vet had said to do if she did not do it herself. should the baby be nursing? she is a first time mother and acts like she doesn't know what to do?

lennon33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
placenta definitely came after the kitten

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lennon33

ok she had the forst one she opened the sac but did not know what to do i cut the cord myself after i tied it off that is what my vet had said to do if she did not do it herself. should the baby be nursing? she is a first time mother and acts like she doesn't know what to do?
Sometimes the kitten will nurse after delivery sometimes not--it can be dangerous if the mom cat is having more kittens because as she moves around she can step on them-I had a separate box that with blankets and warm rice socks that I put the kittens in after they were cleaned up a bit either by me or by mom so that Sadie could have enough room to move around between births w/o stepping on the babies--If you do have to move them somewhere away from mom while she has them it is very very important that you keep them warm!

lennon33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok will do i was worried about her accidentally hurting them...kitten 2 is out but the placenta has not made its way out yet...i can see it tho.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadie had all four of hers from around 7:20 to 8:30 I was worried about the last one because I thought she was done when she finally started pushing again...

lennon33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the third one is out but i never saw the placenta for the second one...i'm sure i'm being a pain...i'm sorry...i just want this all to go right. i definitely saw the placenta for the first and the third one...feeling her belly it feels like atleast one if not two more are coming

lennon33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
what if i dont see a placenta for each kitten? she did not like it when i tried to put them somewhere else she got all nervous and tried to get into that box, she still has others to birth from what i can feel.