Uggg, I hate that

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing drives me more crazy than when I try to tell DH something and at first I have his attention but then by the time I'm done he's already turned back to the TV or video game. It's like if he's not going to listen to the entire thing I have to say then why start listening to begin with. I guess I'm going to have to make a journal of everything I want to tell him and then talk when he's not in front of the TV. It's not like I'm interrupting his game for mindless drivel and what I have to say would only take a minute. Would it kill him to listen for one stinking minute?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try standing in front of the TV when you talk to him. Either that or turning it off. The sooner he listens to you, the sonner he can have the mindless drivel back. You could also try using small words of only one or two syllables and keeping it as brief as possible.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

. Would it kill him to listen for one stinking minute?
hmm yes it would.
if you want to talk, then play along with the game.
guys tend to listen better when they are active with something else.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

You could also try using small words of only one or two syllables and keeping it as brief as possible.
Maybe I should grunt at him like a caveman.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol trust me. Join in on something, with him.
guys dont do the listen thing very well.

after about 20 seconds are eyes just glaze over, and we go yes dear.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tell him as you stand naked in front of the TV.

Wait...that might not work, either.

Men and women DO listen to each other differently. Many comedians have gotten rich telling us about it.

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hahaha awwww im sorry hon, silly men huh?

I'm lucky mine pays pretty good attention to me, the only time i can tell hes not listening is when he interupts to tell me something quick, then i just stop talking and he gets all "i'm sorry i was trying to listen"

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think this is something all women do deal with and will always struggle with!

I know it's bad when I just stop talking in the middle of what I was saying and he doesn't ask me to continue or anything! Or if he turns the TV on AFTER I start!

Crazy men, it's a love/hate relationship, eh?

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think one of the better things to do is to stop talking, look at him and say, "Honey, would you please mind waiting until I'm done. I really think this is important." and try capturing his attention by being honest.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Nothing drives me more crazy than when I try to tell DH something and at first I have his attention but then by the time I'm done he's already turned back to the TV or video game. It's like if he's not going to listen to the entire thing I have to say then why start listening to begin with. I guess I'm going to have to make a journal of everything I want to tell him and then talk when he's not in front of the TV. It's not like I'm interrupting his game for mindless drivel and what I have to say would only take a minute. Would it kill him to listen for one stinking minute?
it has too be a man thing and im sticking too that i say something too rix and its "one sec im just playing bubbleshooter" god forbid he looses or i get "uugh i was in a tornament what was it you wanted"

grrr

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Please inform this individual there are now pause buttons, even for the TV, he no longer has to miss a second of the action due to outside circumstances, he can even pause it for an hour or longer, if applicable.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Please inform this individual there are now pause buttons, even for the TV, he no longer has to miss a second of the action due to outside circumstances, he can even pause it for an hour or longer, if applicable.
Pause the game???

Blasphemy.