Tax Refunds....

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're waiting for your tax refund check you can call this # to find out when it will be here.

781-452-2080

I thought this may be useful to some!

Thanks for telling me Monica

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Yikes, if i even get one i won't be getting it until July
there's a stimulus calculator here where you can get an idea of how much you'll get...

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Yikes, if i even get one i won't be getting it until July
there is also a form on the site where you fill out all of your tax information what you guys got back-and such and it will tell you EXACTLY how much you are getting back.--Which is located in Laureens post!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
REFUNDS!? You get REFUNDS!?!?! They keep on taking money away from me! Pfft.
I would get refunds too, if my work shifts didn't mess things up. One month I get too many shifts and have the pay the extra tax on that, the next I won't get enough and I still pay through the nose for it. 38%! And that's the LOW end of the scale. That's a lot of money when you've not got much. I'm in the wrong country.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

I would get refunds too, if my work shifts didn't mess things up. One month I get too many shifts and have the pay the extra tax on that, the next I won't get enough and I still pay through the nose for it. 38%! And that's the LOW end of the scale. That's a lot of money when you've not got much. I'm in the wrong country.
but the stimulus check isn't a refund - it's a 'gift' from the federal government.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

You know if a government wanted to give me a "gift" they could buy me bathsalts
Hehehe
why do you think i put that word in quotes?

my beef is this - this year, for the 1st time in my life, & probably never again, my AGI is too high to receive the largest amount... because the family farm was sold, & the sale went thru before the end of 2007, so the capital gains were on this last tax filing.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
has anyone figured out yet that the # listed is not the real number its a joke or am I the only dummy that fell for it?!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to file an amendment to my taxes this year. The first time I had my refund directly deposited, but I cant remember if this was an option when I filed the amendment because it had to be mailed in manually and couldnt be e-filed. This makes me wonder if my "gift" will come in the direct deposit batch or the mailed batches..... Hmmm... my social ends in the high 90's.... guess I shall find out next week!

Keeping my fingers crossed
Although, I'm not sure what for... the longer it takes to get here, the less I can spend it all

PS - thanks for the above links! I was pretty certain I knew what we were getting back, but it was nice to see it in print!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just checked my checking account on-line. My Stimulus Refund was direct deposited on April 29. I wonder how I missed it? Obviously, it wasn't enough money to catch my eye!!! Don't spend it all in one place, lol! Actually, after yesterday....I have a $700 co-pay for my crown...so I guess I will spend it all in one place!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

has anyone figured out yet that the # listed is not the real number its a joke or am I the only dummy that fell for it?!
I think you're the only one who called

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

One of the really nasty tricks in the first budget bill of the Clinton administration was that anything "extra," such as a bonus, the $50 gas card we got last week for safety, etc., is automatically withheld at the highest rate, which is currently 38%.

When we worked at Werner, almost 1/3 of our income was considered "bonus," so we had a huge amount withheld, and there was nothing we could do about it until we filed our income taxes.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, mine is supposed to be here this week and as of this morning, nothing yet... sigh

They have until tomorrow, the 9th according the the IRS website.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours is going right into the savings account. I'd love to buy something frivolous, but really can't afford to.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, we got paper checks - so ours will not be here till July. We are in no hurry to be getting it. Most of it will be put in savings to go for assessment on the road work in front of our house. Each person has a portion that will be paid for the work...........joys of owning a house

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LMAO it's about darn time the feds give something back to me as they have already taken 3 of my computers, camcorder, and digital cameras....grrrr!