Blood, Sweat and Tears

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friday is the end of the commit-to-get-fit month at my health club. As of yesterday, I had my 80 points (out of 100) to get my "free" massage. Monday there was a blood drive. You earned 2 points for giving blood. They already got the sweat and the tears and on Monday they got the blood, too.

Anyway, it felt good to give blood. That would be after the hour I had to spend recovering because I almost fainted. I gave the 1/2 liter of blood, though. I was determined - I am O negative.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you! I wish they would let me donate blood, but alas, they're convinced that people who have been tattooed 11 months ago by someone with training in blood-borne pathogens and health dept inspected is guaranteed to give you hepatitis.

Their loss, I have O- too and am a good donor. I guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you for giving blood!
If there's one thing I'm afraid to do it's that - does it hurt at all?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoalily

Good for you for giving blood!
If there's one thing I'm afraid to do it's that - does it hurt at all?
Oh, it can hurt a bit, depending on how good the technician is. But you feel so good about doing it that a little pain is easy to accept, y'know? Oddly, I find it a lot easier to handle if I watch and pay very close attention.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not me! I'm a biiiiiig chicken!!!

And good for you, Rosemary, for having the fortitude and discipline to get to that point!!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its Great that you gave Blood. I am not allowed to because I have Anemia.
My Husbnad needed alot of Blood Transfusions with his Leukemia two years ago. Its people like you that save alot of people.