My baby Dirt

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I havent posted for a while now and only seem to post when my little ones go to the Rainbow Bridge. I have lost my little Dirt to heart failure. He was a stray that I took in about 6 years ago. Very skinny, mainly white with a really cute little face like a siamese without the almond eyes. When he ran along he seemed to kick out his back legs like he had had rickets when a kitten - who knows maybe he had. Last year he struggled for breath so off to the vets who told us he had cardio myopathy (sp) which was really a death sentence. Who knew how long he would last - a week, a month, maybe a year? We have been so lucky to have kept Dirt for nearly a year since that diagnosis. He had the fluid drained twice and made good recoveries but it was a strain on his little heart. There was not a lot of him - not a big eater was Dirt, he would rather be off and playing. This time I could not put him through it all over again. So the best thing was to let him go to the Rainbow Bridge. My vet is so very kind and extremely supportive. The next day the nurse rang to see if I was ok - so thoughtful. I miss him very much - from his little yowl when we get up to his head butting when he wanted a cuddle. Such a young cat to go this way. I knew I had to post here, just I had with my others and give tribute to a very special little cat
Keep happy Dirt and play with Mischa and Tulip who went before you.

Alexis

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Alexis i'm so sorry to be reading this

Have a wonderful time at the bridge Dirt with Mischa and Tulip, because they'll be waiting to take you to your new home

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a beautiful tribute to your special boy.

how wonderful that you were there for dirt and gave him such a happy and loving home. it sounds like he was here for longer than maybe he should have been, and that would be down to you.

RIP little dirt, play happily over the bridge with your friends.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on losing your special boy, Alexis. You showed true love and courage in allowing him a peaceful passing and your love lit his path to the Bridge. Play happily over RB, Dirt

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Condolences on losing your special boy, Alexis. You showed true love and courage in allowing him a peaceful passing and your love lit his path to the Bridge. Play happily over RB, Dirt
you did your best for him, & he knows it.
for Dirt, &
for you...

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

what a beautiful tribute to your special boy.

how wonderful that you were there for dirt and gave him such a happy and loving home. it sounds like he was here for longer than maybe he should have been, and that would be down to you.

RIP little dirt, play happily over the bridge with your friends.
I agree with the above sentiments. You gave your little boy every chance to keep going, as long as he could without stress and suffering. You made a very difficult decision out of love.

kayella-tasheen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He sounded beautiful, I am sorry for your loss.
Cats will always leave paw prints, some of them are so damn special!

Rest in peace Dirt,
you'll meet your mommy again someday <3