Animal versus human heaven

patriciapj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My family accept and to an extent, embrace, my spiritual beliefs but it doesn't stop their endless teasing about animal heaven. My daughters proposition is that when we die we have the choice of human or animal heaven - as far as I'm concerned there is no choice! Imagine playing chess with tigers or water polo with dolphins! Beside which there cannot be a state of bliss without animals and there would be all the other animal lovers in animal heaven obviously. What would everyone else choose?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol i will let you know when i get there.

why cant heaven have alot of pet doors to let them run in and out. hehe sounds fun to me

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im not one too believe in heaven, i like to believe you just go into a sleep.
at least that way if i do the best for my kitties in life theyre happy if thyres a heaven so be it ill be with my babies again,

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I believe there is one Heaven and animals are there as well
I agree! I honestly can't believe that God would allow us to develop such a strong love for our pets, and then deny us the joy of their company in eternal life.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe there are humans and animals in God's heaven - but no one has to do any more killing or harm to each other - we are all completely satisfied by God
After all, in the Bible it does state that the Lion will lay down with the Lamb

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess we won't know until we get there, but I totally believe that there is only one Heaven and it contains animals as well as humans, and anything else that happens to contain a soul.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
when i was about 15-16 years old, my dog [1/2 poodle] had some kind of back issue that left him paralyzed from the waist down. the vet basically said there wasn't anything that could be done to repair him [this was about 35 years ago, btw]. he wasn't in any pain, & could drag himself around by his front paws... but he'd also lost bladder/bowel control, so he was pretty much banned from the house. he also was rubbing the tops of his rear paws raw from the dragging.
my parents finally convinced me to allow him to be PTS. at that time, i said something about seeing him in Heaven, & my mom questioned me. this is what i said [& i still believe it] - "once i'm in Heaven, if i want him, he'll be there."
i don't pretend to know exactly what we'll see in Heaven - but i do believe that we'll be happy. if our pets are not there, it'll be because we'll be happy w/o them. here on earth, we simply cannot conceive that could be true - but Paul said it best:

1 Corinthians 13:12 (The Message)

12We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

so, if we want them, they'll be there. i just don't know for certain that i will want them once i get there.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it wont be the same. i think. it will be much the same with are pets as it with people. We will know that on earth, we loved that person, or that pet. ETC ,

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

when i was about 15-16 years old, my dog [1/2 poodle] had some kind of back issue that left him paralyzed from the waist down. the vet basically said there wasn't anything that could be done to repair him [this was about 35 years ago, btw]. he wasn't in any pain, & could drag himself around by his front paws... but he'd also lost bladder/bowel control, so he was pretty much banned from the house. he also was rubbing the tops of his rear paws raw from the dragging.
my parents finally convinced me to allow him to be PTS. at that time, i said something about seeing him in Heaven, & my mom questioned me. this is what i said [& i still believe it] - "once i'm in Heaven, if i want him, he'll be there."
i don't pretend to know exactly what we'll see in Heaven - but i do believe that we'll be happy. if our pets are not there, it'll be because we'll be happy w/o them. here on earth, we simply cannot conceive that could be true - but Paul said it best:

1 Corinthians 13:12 (The Message)

12We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

so, if we want them, they'll be there. i just don't know for certain that i will want them once i get there.
Amen!...