ISO new bands to listen to...

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a huge fan of bands like The Arcade Fire, Muse, Radiohead, Idiot Pilot, Couch, Clinic, Kent, the really whiny singers, indie music, also instrumental music is great. The bands like Mogwai, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, etc.

Anyone listen to these bands? What ELSE do you listen to?? I am looking for new indie type of rock bands. Just make a list or something, or tell me specific songs or albums. Whatever! i just need some NEW tunes!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Poets Of The Fall
Revolting *****
Envoy (they aren't around anymore)
Tangerine Dream

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool!! thanks!!

anyone else??

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

I am a huge fan of bands like The Arcade Fire, Muse, Radiohead, Idiot Pilot, Couch, Clinic, Kent, the really whiny singers, indie music, also instrumental music is great. The bands like Mogwai, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, etc.

Anyone listen to these bands? What ELSE do you listen to?? I am looking for new indie type of rock bands. Just make a list or something, or tell me specific songs or albums. Whatever! i just need some NEW tunes!
Muse and Radiohead are two faves. I've been to 2 Radiohead shows, and 1 Muse show.

I also enjoy Interpol, Placebo, Devotchka, Dresden Dolls, Depeche Mode, Misfits, The Cure, and Bright Eyes... I've seen all of these in concert, except for Placebo.

These bands are good too: Beirut, The Mars Volta, My Morning Jacket, AIR, Flaming Lips. Of these, I've only seen My Morning Jacket in concert.

I
going to shows.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I listen to lots of great bands -most are indie (big labels don't like taking risks on smaller niche genres). But most people are scared off by metal, probably because some silly stereotype view of it...

Probably easier to get into for most people who like rock/prog rock/hard rock would be Three (or 3). - check related videos for more songs. Their 2007 album, The End Is Begun, is great.

Some may like Porcupine Tree too. They have a lot of stuff and plenty of youtube if anyone is interested.