I'm starting to get angry here

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I start school in like two weeks and the college has my student accounts all screwed up. My summer account is under my student ID number instead of my SS number and as a result of that my student loan can't be processed. I have to pay for my classes on the 18th. Then the school is saying I haven't met my admissions requirements for the fall semester!!!! I have met all the requirements but for some reason the info is missing. The lady I spoke to couldn't tell me what was missing because she is in the financial aid office so now I have to go there and talk to someone in admissions. Oh and of course I can't get a hold of the person I need to talk to so I can get my summer account straitened out. Maybe this is a sign that I shouldn't even start school right now.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most schools will let you start classes while they sort out the financial aid. I know mine has been delayed before. They don't care as long as they know the money's coming.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Maybe this is a sign that I shouldn't even start school right now.
No! It's a sign that you should! Nothing worth while in this world comes easy.

I had my own horror stories when trying to go back to school. But I pushed and persevered and made it happen, and I'm glad that I did.

Do not give up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

No! It's a sign that you should! Nothing worth while in this world comes easy.

I had my own horror stories when trying to go back to school. But I pushed and persevered and made it happen, and I'm glad that I did.

Do not give up!
Thanks, I won't give up. I'm just getting frustrated.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My university lost my application. I got a letter from them saying 'since you haven't replied to our letter or email we have decided not to offer you a place'. I had never received any correspondence from them before, and spent 2 weeks frantically trying to get hold of them.
I eventually got them to offer me a place, but its been another 3 weeks and they still haven't changed my status on the UCAS Uni applications database to say they're offering me a place. I may not be able to get student finance until they do so.
It does make you wonder if you've chosen the right place, when they mess up that badly, and fix it that slowly.
I have lots of sympathy for your situation.

Thank you for reminding me to call my uni about my application