Storm Watches

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have already issued Tornado watches for my area today. Looks like storms are iminent for tonight. I get a little nervous living in Nebraska. Last year we had a F3 tornado hit 1 mile west of our town last year. It was 3/4 mile wide and stayed on the ground for 18 miles. Our house took $8,000 damage from the hail. My husband picked up one of the hail stones and it was shaped like a hockey puck and as big. I have a eerie feeling today so I am going to get the cat carriers ready in case we have to go out to tornado cellar tonight. Living in tornado alley is no fun at all!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stay safe!! The clouds are moving in here also, but I don't think they are predicting as bad of storms as we had last week.

Just curious - do you do tornado drills with your cats?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Stay safe!! The clouds are moving in here also, but I don't think they are predicting as bad of storms as we had last week.

Just curious - do you do tornado drills with your cats?
I have 3 that I can get into the carriers fast. The abyssinians(they experienced the tornado last year) and our Bengal(Zoey hasn't been in a tornado yet) are real good about the carriers. The other 3 totally flip out! We were talking about how to get them to safety tonight. They can feel the fear and they react. What is scary is when the storm warnings come up fast without any warning.

The sky is pretty nasty outside right now it has been raining really hard for the last 30 minutes. I think we are going to just get the rain and hail tonight. There were tornado warnings issued south west of us(that one concerns me), and also north of us. Our tornado cellar always floods when the rains get heavy. Last year we had to rent a pump to get the water out it was flooded up to the 3rd stair.

Are you in Kansas?