EVP, Ghosts and the Paranormal!!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone into EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) Ghosts and Paranormal? Let's hear your stories. I have been doing EVP readings lately, with my digital recorders, at my friends old house. This house was built in the early 1800's and they moved out of this house, into the new one they built further back on their property. Now, when they moved, they had some really cool stuff happen. First off, the phone line to the new house had been damaged somehow, so they had no wired phone. So, they left their cell phones on during the night, in case they needed to make a call for any reason or if someone needed to contact them. Well, last July, this was only a few weeks after they moved into the new house, my friends husband got a call on his cell phone during the middle of the night. This was around 3am. He looked at his phone and to his surprise, the number on his caller ID was his wired home phone number, the line that was damaged and not operational. When he answered the phone, all he heard was white noise (continuos static). He received a few more calls, the same thing. So, he shut off his cell phone. Well, guess what, his wifes cell phone rang and it was their house phone again, with the same white noise!! Again, their home wired phone was not operational, because the phone line was damaged and dead. This went on for about 2 weeks, only during the night did they get these calls. So after the first week, they got the call again in the middle of the night. They decided to turn off both cell phones, so they could get some sleep. Well, they did go to sleep, only to be woken up by a knock on the door. They were shocked when they opened the door to find the county sheriff at their door. The sheriff asked, who has been calling 911?? The 911 came from....you guessed it, their wired home phone!! They eventually had to tell the sheriff to stop coming out, because it was not them calling 911. Now her husband decided to get a full phone call history/log from his cell phone company. This log showed all incoming and all outgoing calls to his cell phone. There was no record of any of those calls he received from his home phone. He would get voice mails from his home phone, that were over 5 minutes long, with nothing but white noise. Now, here is the kicker. In their old house, they had left a piece of paper with their cell phone numbers on it, in case someone needed to call them (they still use this house for the cat sanctuary care). These calls have since stopped, but they now hear foot steps in the middle of the night, as well as doors being opened and closed. I sleep there at times and was woken in the middle of the night to the sound of someone walking in the room, but no one was there. Well, I have done EVP in the old house, will be doing more and will be doing EVP in the new house. The first EVP I did in the old house, I recorded a loud voice that said "get out". We have recorded what sounds like a door slamming, every time we go in there, but we did not hear this sound while in the house. We have asked questions while doing the EVP. I am trying to make this as short as possible, so I won't type the questions here. But, in addition to the voice yelling "get out", I have heard "yep", "yes", "make me (or help me or take me)", "no" and "ok" These were all words I recorded after asking questions. Oh, about those phone calls, I forgot to add this. I met someone who lived in this house, before our friends bought it. The man told me, the guy that owned it before him, died outside the house in the front yard. I asked if he could show me where. Well, I was shocked when he showed me. The area was in the direct path, of where the phone line to the new house was buried. There is more here, but I will stop for now. I will be doing more EVP at this house tomorrow night, as well as video and digital photos. I used to have ghosts in my old house, I will share those stories later

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, I love paranormal stuff. My mom and dads house always has weird stuff going on. I used to know this guy that said his grandparents lived in the area my mom and dad do. There is some swamp land around there and he said there is an ancient Indian burial ground there. This guy was a pastor at the time so I don't think he'd lie. Once, at my mom and dads, I was running the vacuum in the living room. For some reason I looked over and I couldn't actually see anything but it moved toward me and then I got this jolt on my shoulder like I'd been struck there. Another time DH and I were at my parents alone and we were in the computer room. Suddenly we heard what sounded like very heavy footsteps running through the house. OMG, we were so scared. Sometimes when I'd be there alone I'd think I'd hear Popsie running around but he'd be fast asleep somewhere. Once the TV in my room switched channels by itself. Just all kinds of crazy stuff has happened there. I really haven't had anything strange happen in my own house though.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am interested, too.

Back in Oct. I was really upset and crying, in the middle of my melt down, I got a call, no one said anything. I called the # back and it was not a working #.

I took a pic of the #.
Maybe there is an explanation.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

with my melt down?
no was trying to give you moral support

you know come to think of it, i once did get a call that was
111-111-1111

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, creepy! Can we hear the EVPs?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Yes, in order to hear them though you have to use a sound recorder and then play back what has been recorded.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other morning, I was home alone, because my wife was down at our friends place for the night. (She was also doing EVP there) My alarm wet off at at 4:45 am. I woke up and thought, what the heck, something is not right. (I had only about 4 1/2 hours sleep, so I wasn't very alert yet) Well, I realized my bedroom light was on. I have no idea how that happened.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

It would be neat if I could post a link to them. I could email the sound files, but I would never get away from my computer, because with slow dial up, it takes a long time. The EVP's are voices that are recorded, but can not be heard while you are in a room, home etc, where the recording is being made. The "get out" EVP I recorded, was a very loud voice, but we never heard it while we were recording.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, gave your initial post a second read - my foggy brain hit your wall of text and went "......." the first time around.

It would be interesting to hear and see what sort of stuff you can pull out of there. Be careful and don't try to make anything mad, you may think you're dealing with a former owner but you never know what could be attracted to the area. It would be awful if something nasty started harassing you.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Well, I realized my bedroom light was on. I have no idea how that happened.
my cats have turned on the closet light & the bedside lamp in my bedroom...

auchick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh wow THAT SUPER CREEPY SCARY!!!! I want to know what happens next!

I don't really have any good ghost stories. I guess once I had just moved into the dorm with my roommate and I was in the shower. When I got out, I heard the microwave going and thought my roommate must be home. So when I came out of the bathroom, there was no roommate and there was nothing in the microwave so I shut it off. When the roommate came home, she said the same thing happened to her a couple days earlier when I was in class. She exchanged it for another one and we never had a problem, although there were rumors that that floor in the dorm was haunted.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Ok, gave your initial post a second read - my foggy brain hit your wall of text and went "......." the first time around.

It would be interesting to hear and see what sort of stuff you can pull out of there. Be careful and don't try to make anything mad, you may think you're dealing with a former owner but you never know what could be attracted to the area. It would be awful if something nasty started harassing you.
Sorry my original post was so long
When I go in, I never do anything to intentionally upset anything. The strange this is, when we recorded the "get out" voice, I wasn't even speaking to the "spirits". Since we were in the house late at night, with no flashlights, I was telling my friend to just feel our way along the walls. It is so dark in there, you can not see anything. Right after I told her to just feel our way, that is when I recorded the voice. The strange thing about your last sentence, about something harassing me. My wife was at that house with our friend doing EVP readings again. Just for the heck of it, I had left my cell phone number on a piece of paper in the house, in the same area our friends had their numbers posted. Just before they left that house for the night, our friend said, John's cell phone number is here, you can call him if you want. They left there around 1:30am. I got up just past 4:30am and my light was on. Made me wonder just who turned on that light

my cats have turned on the closet light & the bedside lamp in my bedroom..
This is the first time I have ever had this happen, even with the bobcats in the house and when our cougar was inside. This is a light that needs to be turned on by a wall switch. It is a light that leads downstairs from our bedroom. The stairs are in our bedroom and the light hangs over the stairs. It had been on for quite a while, because the crystal pieces that hang around the light were quite warm. I figured it was 1 of 3 things that happened. Yes, maybe one of the cats, but the bobcats were outside and all the others were fast asleep when my alarm went off. Maybe I was sleep walking, something I have never done or should I say I don't think I have. Last, maybe something paranormal. I would rather have it be something paranormal than me sleep walking though. The idea of sleep walking kinda freaks me out

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I LOVE this kind of stuff!!
Please feel free to keep on telling this story as it unfolds! Sounds like they have someone in there who either doesn't quite realise that he's dead and he suddenly has "intruders" in his home, or he's stuck in a recording of whatever happened to him on the day he died. My money is on the first. It's intruiging that the phone line should be inoperational while these calls are being made... I would suggest that they try and communicate with him and let him know that they're not there to intrude and they may have to learn to co-exist peacefully, but I think that's something that should be left to pros. Obviously it's not a situation you want made any worse... he sounds like he could turn into a slightly volatile character.

Very interesting
I bet it's not a house I could walk into comfortably - I have had experiences whereby I simply could not walk into a room, as if there was an invisible wall in the doorway. Everyone else walked in. I just stopped in the doorway. I couldn't have walked in even if I'd wanted to.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a great thread!!! I got chills reading the first post!!! I live in a 100 year old house that has a resident spirit but not anything like what your friend has!

I was saying in another post that my husband and I used to go to the old cemetery here and ghost watch. We have a Generation III night scope starlight with infared. We have seen some unexplained things in that cemetery that I wouldn't have caught if we didn't have that scope. One night we saw the outline of a woman in a prairie dress. I saw it and so did my husband! Not only have we seen strange things you can feel the energy. I felt something brush my face one night! We have left there in a fright more than once!

I am interested in the EVP is it like a tape recorder or more to it than that? We tried to put a tape recorder up in the room that I feel is haunted in our house but the batterires keep going dead!

This is a great topic and update us with everything as you research your friends house.

Sage is good to burn in your house if your spirit visitor keeps following you home.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a firm believer in the paranormal. Human beings are comprised of energy and what happens to that energy when the body is gone? I have had my share of eerie experiences surrounding the deaths of loved ones. Too complicated to explain here.

But, a few years back, I went to see a psychic. When I walked into the room and sat down, she told me my dad was there with me and that he didn't like the fact that my boyfriend was a different faith than ours! This woman didn't know a THING about me!!! Just my first name.

(I started dating my boyfriend SEVEN YEARS AFTER my dad passed away. The two had never met!)