Scary Movies That Freak You Out!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't know what it is that's so freaky about the movie Christine, but it sends chills down my spine every time I watch it!
Especially the part where Christine is on fire and chasing that bully guy down the road, after she crashes into the gas station.
I think a lot of the creepiness about that movie has to do with John Carpenter's music: he sure does a good job of matching the music with his movies (like in Halloween).

What scary movies freak you out??

~KK~

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only movie we could NOT finish watching was Open Water. Those people left adrift in the ocean after diving? TOTAL NIGHTMARE!

Laurie

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't scare easily, but Halloween (the original) and The Ring are ones that kinda freaked me out. Especially The Ring as when we got home I was praying that the phone would not ring!

Another old time scary movie that I still picture parts I wish I hadn't seen was a sequel to The Fly - where they dumped two people together in the transporter - what came out on the other side was something you DON'T want to see!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I scare kinda easily, but it's also the atmosphere in which I watch the movie. There were parts of the first Saw movie that scared me, the part with the pig mask. And there were parts of The Grudge that scared me, but I saw both of those at the theaters and with people screaming it made me jumpy.

The movie that freaked me out the most was When A Stranger Calls. Now, it was kinda a dumb movie, but it's the fact that something like that could happen in real life. Also, when we watched it in theaters, there was a bunch of high schoolers and they would scream at every moment. I don't know if I was watching it at home, that it wouldve scared me as much. I was in college when I saw that, and I don't know if I got a good night sleep for a couple days. It just really scared me and those are the kind of movies that scare me the most.

There's a new movie coming out May 30th called The Strangers, and I want to see it so bad, but I'm afraid it will scare me too much. There's something about people with masks terrorizing a couple that terrifies me.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched The Fly (86' one) when I was little and the sequel, and never thought it was scary.
I grew up watching stuff like that. Real life was stranger and a lot more interesting then fake stuff in movies. So I tend not to scare easily.

I completely forgot the name again -I'll probably remember it later. But there was a movie based on a true story of a family's haunted home - they were on one side with their kids and their parents were on the other. I think it was a 89-91ish movie. It didn't scare me but always creeped me out a little because some of the more subtle type stuff is similar to what I went through - like the shadow figure and such.

I remembered - The Haunted (1991)

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, call me a wimp, but I don't watch horror movies. Life is ugly enough without that sort of thing to make it worse for me.

On the other hand, my brother loves them.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm, i cant really think of anything.
horror movies bore me to death.
oh wait, the hulk, i would sooner go to jail for a year then watch that again.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OOH OOH, I just read Christine not too long ago, then watched the movie. I agree, it's real creepy. Other than that, any movie with a "ghost in it and they make the "ghost" move all jerky and stuff. That scares me so dang bad.

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty old school when it comes to scary movies...it takes alot to freak me out these days, the newer stuff aint like it used to be! But as far as new releases on DVD go, I like "The Mist", another Stephen King movie. It stays pretty much true to the story & when I read it years ago, the story really freaked me out, so if you haven't rented it, give it a try.

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't scare easily, but I can reccomend a few movies that creeped me out.

The Eye (NOT the new American version, the Asian version with subtitles). That movie has some very nice psychologically creepy scenes.

May - about a crazy girl. Probably one of the most f-ed up movies you will ever watch in your life. Its great.

Alien and Aliens - those are the best in the series.

Ghost Watcher - this is an indy film. The first half of the movie was creepy as hell. My friend and I actually screamed at one part, and we do NOT get scared easily. Heck we laughed at Texas Chainsaw Massacre!
The second half is really stupid though.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
IT is the scariest move ever... I am scared of clowns because of it. Also, Signs, Candyman, and Session 9. Most movies don't scare me because I can rationalize then, but these were scary!!

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Exorcist

I will never ever watch that movie again. Then again, I try to stay away from scary movies now. I don't need scary thoughts injected into my head.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I could find ANYTHING that scared me I would love it. I used to LOVE being scared. I watched so many gory graphic bloody horror movies and have been to so many haunted houses, ghost hunts, etc. That none of that stuff scares me anymore.

I am dying to go on the Mansfield Prison ghost tour. They lock you in the prison for the night with nothing but whatever you choose to bring along. Sounds AWESOME.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

I am dying to go on the Mansfield Prison ghost tour. They lock you in the prison for the night with nothing but whatever you choose to bring along. Sounds AWESOME.
Why not try a haunted bed and breakfast or hotel instead? A lot more comfortable.

If I wanted that I would just go offer to watch the house when my dad and his wife were away. Even though it's been quiet for them (they're about as perceptive as a bunch of bricks...) I'm sure it would act up for me.
And there's the hint for what you bring along - someone who stirs things up.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cant watch scary movies---Im the worlds biggest chicken!! I watched Resident Evil with DH and woke him up several times that night because I heard something

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I don't scare easily, but Halloween (the original) and The Ring are ones that kinda freaked me out. Especially The Ring as when we got home I was praying that the phone would not ring!
Halloween was freaky, too.
Again, John Carpenter's music helped make it that way I think.

The Ring gives me the willies too - especially the part where that dead girl crawls out of the well, and also through the TV screen.

Another old time scary movie that I still picture parts I wish I hadn't seen was a sequel to The Fly - where they dumped two people together in the transporter - what came out on the other side was something you DON'T want to see!
I've never seen The Fly, but I've heard it's pretty freaky, too.

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

The Blair Witch Project freaked me out!
EEK! I can't watch that movie alone!

~KK~