I am a little freaked

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning our, Garbage bins that hold the cans, had been broken into, the garbage was all over our yard, and the neighbours yard. There is also a big BEAR paw print on my daughter's car. I will be driving my son to school. I am little worried that we live across the street from a playground.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yikes!! That is scary! You should probably call the Department or Wildlife or someone like that so they can keep an eye on it, especially if there is a playground near!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my Daughter's car. the scratches on the back are from the bears claws. the mud is also from the bear

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jiminy Christmas! Any further news? Has anyone else seen him? I love bears, but... not that close!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Jiminy Christmas! Any further news? Has anyone else seen him? I love bears, but... not that close!
He visited the neighbours last night. I phoned the conservation officer.He asked me talk to all of my neighbours, and get them to bring their garbage cans and bird feeders. I talked to all of them
there are still garbage cans outside. I am hoping the bear will go away, if there are anymore complaints, the conservation officer will have to shoot the bear.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't they red tag the bear first and take them back to the wilderness instead of shooting them?

I would be freaked out too! Bears scare me to death. When I lived in Colorado and went camping in the mountains I never got a good nights sleep!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

Don't they red tag the bear first and take them back to the wilderness instead of shooting them?

I would be freaked out too! Bears scare me to death. When I lived in Colorado and went camping in the mountains I never got a good nights sleep!
I was told that there are no shortage of bears, and a garbage bear is a dead bear. they don't relocate them

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, I hope the neighbors bring the cans in and the bear goes away. If they shoot him, I don't want to know about it.