I think i figured out his birthday present! What do you guys think????

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every year i have a hard time trying to figure out what to get DH for his birthday. This year i thought it might be nice to get him something with a little bit of meaning and thought behind it.

Our city's Veteran's Park has huge concrete star with bricks that have different veterans names on it as a dedication to them. Colin was in the Navy for 8yrs on active duty (he was a Lt) and is still a reservist. I was thinking that it might be neat to suprise him with his own brick in Veteran's Park. Do you guys think that might be a good birthday present? Our birthday's aren't until July (we have the same birthday) but i would need to order it ahead of time so that they will be able to order the brick/etc. They place the bricks once a year on Veterans Day. I just think it was be kind of special to do something like that for him. What do you guys think
How should i word the inscription if i decide to order a brick?

Here's a link of the veterans star (ignore the old date- they'll update for the new year soon) http://www.cityofbartlett.org/index.asp?nid=606

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's perfect. It will mean so much to him, and to his parents, as well. What a beautiful first-married-birthday present!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

It's perfect. It will mean so much to him, and to his parents, as well. What a beautiful first-married-birthday present!
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I think that would be a great gift for him!

So far as wording. Make it something from your heart
Originally Posted by joyzerelly

Sounds good to me! Brilliant idea!
Aw ya! I'm gald everyone thinks it's a good idea so far!
I just think this would be a really special gift that would have a lot of meaning to him since serving his country is such a special thing to him. I also think it would be neat years down the road to be able to take our future kiddos to see their daddy's brick at the veterans park and to learn about why it's special. I think that a lot of times our veterans are forgotten- it's so easy for people not to give them the recognition they deserve. So i was thinking -this way he'd always have something to remind him that he's loved and appreciated.

I guess all i have to do now is figure out what to put on the inscription!

Originally Posted by theimp98

that is nice

hmm how about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soulstorm hehe
Bruce sometimes i think you're related to him!
Easy there on the games- i think the next month or so is going to be strictly reserved for GTA 4