Update on Lee (Persi & Alley) -- please read

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to report this: Lee is in Intensive Care. (I finally tried what I thought was his home number, and it turned out to be his cell, which he has with him there... though he probably shouldn't. If you haven't heard what's going on, the explanation is here: http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165368)

He was audibly breathless and weak, but he insisted he's going to be all right. He said, "They're gonna take care of me tomorrow," but I didn't press to find out what he meant by that -- he clearly didn't need to be trying to talk.

I told him that everyone here is very concerned for him and that we're sending lots of vibes for him to shake this off, and he said, "That's great, that's great." But he sounds so fragile.

Please redouble your thoughts and prayers for Lee... and tomorrow, I'll go over there with some flowers on TCS's behalf, just to show our support. I probably won't be able to visit him in Intensive Care, but at least I can leave the flowers and a note for him.

If TCS vibes really have power, let's put them to work!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers and keeping Lee in my thoughts.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no! Sending lots and lots of healthy vibes to Lee. Pneumonia is very scary no matter how bad one has it; to be in Intensive Care with it must be terrifying to Lee and his family.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Carol....I was hoping that this wouldn't happen. I just had that horrible feeling just from what I experienced a few months ago. Especially, when you mentioned him being moved.

If he said they are going to take him off, I imagine they are talking about the respirator if he is on one, at times. That is what they always talked about when my mom was in ICU.

I hope Lee gets better and SOON! I think flowers is very thoughtful of you and would be appreciated. However, in ICU they will not be allowed in the actual rooms, but at the his nurse station.

You are allowed to visit in ICU. We had some people show up to see my mom when we weren't there. You just have to get buzzed in and tell them who you are here to see.

Please keep us posted! Get better Lee!! We are all pulling for you to get better so you can see Persi!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no, poor Lee!!!! I hope he starts improving real soon

Maybe rather than flowers do you think you could get a stuffed kitty? That way he can keep it in his hospital room, and it will remind him of everyone here thinking of him? Happy to put some $$ toward it.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A stuffed kitty would be a great idea! and prayers coming from the boys and I in South Texas for you, Lee!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarah, a stuffed kitty is a GREAT idea! So it shall be! Thank you!

Sabrina, he didn't say they would take him off anything -- he said they would "take care" of him tomorrow. I'm thinking maybe a drainage procedure of some kind?

I hope I'm overreacting to how he sounded. I had spoken to him just once before he went into the hospital, and he did sound a bit unwell then, too -- maybe some degree of that is normal for him. Maybe it doesn't mean as much as I fear.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. I stuffed toy would be a wonderful idea (especially a kitty, maybe one that kind of looks like Persi?), they will allow that and it is something that could keep him occupied and may comfort him a bit.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Sabrina, he didn't say they would take him off anything -- he said they would "take care" of him tomorrow. I'm thinking maybe a drainage procedure of some kind?
I'm so glad to hear that! Maybe I read it wrong earlier. But if you want to pool some money together let us know since you are doing it on behalf of TCS and yourself.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prayers for him. I had Pneumonia and a Collasped Lung in 1987 and its terrible having that. My friend Lisa died from Pneumonia last Oct and i still cant believe she is gone. I hope Lee feels better. I would bring a stuffed Cat to Icu.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I hope he feels better soon! How awful!

I think a stuffed kitty would be a GREAT idea

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH NO!
I am just now reading about the bad news, since I haven't been online at TCS since last week.

I think the idea of a huge stuffed kitty is a great idea, and I'll gladly pitch in for the cost if need be.

I sure hope Lee will be okay!
Many, many vibes are being sent his way..

Please keep us updated, Carol.

~KK~

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH NO!!!! Mega vibes for Lee !!! And I think a stuffed kitty would be a great since you can't have flowers in the ICU.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lee! that you are well and home soon! Prayers for you and your wife, she must be missing you terribly at home! As are we!! More for a speedy recovery!