FYI- carwashcats

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carwashcats computer is broken so she might not be on for a while! She used her friends computer today to send me a message saying it could be June before she can get a new one, but hopefully she'll be able to fix hers!
So if you dont talk to Monique for awhile its just because she doesn't have a computer! She said to keep sending her PM's and she'll get to them as soon as she can!!
Thanks

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope she is able to get her computer as soon as she can. You may want to find out if she is still going to the meetup at the end of the month in Dallas, if it is still going to happen.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

You may want to find out if she is still going to the meetup at the end of the month in Dallas,
I was just thinking the same thing. If no one can contact her via the computer, I have her home address, and could send her snail-mail to find out..

if it is still going to happen.
Is there a possibility that it may not occur, due to Lee's illness??

~KK~

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I was just thinking the same thing. If no one can contact her via the computer, I have her home address, and could send her snail-mail to find out..

Is there a possibility that it may not occur, due to Lee's illness??

~KK~
That's what I'm wondering. His well-being comes first and even once he gets home, he will need time to recover.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I do have moniques phone number and I could call her to find out if she's going, and if its not happening, I could call her to tell her that too.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

That's what I'm wondering. His well-being comes first and even once he gets home, he will need time to recover.
Yes, his well-being most definitely comes first, as it should.
I'm just wondering b/c my s/o had to request the time off from work to be able to attend the meet-up, and if it's not gonna occur, I need to let him know so he can switch it around..

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Well I do have moniques phone number and I could call her to find out if she's going, and if its not happening, I could call her to tell her that too.
You might want to call her then, Glitch, to let her know what's going on..
I'm pretty sure she had planned on attending.

~KK~

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright! Ill give her a call and let her know whats going on!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hahaha I got her answering machine!! She's got the accent and all!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Alright! Ill give her a call and let her know whats going on!
I just sent you a PM, Glitch, regarding Monique & the Dallas meet-up..

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

hahaha I got her answering machine!! She's got the accent and all!!
Well I don't have the accent, but I've only been living in Texas for six years! I still talk like a "Yankee"!
I'll probably be the only person who attends the meet-up who doesn't have a Texas drawl!

~KK~

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Im so jealous of all of you, I would so love to go to something like that, but I bet the chances are slim that there would ever be one near me, or that'll Ill ever be able to afford one that far away!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...Oh no poor Monique...

I hope can fix soon her PC....

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
for a soon fixed!...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh Im so jealous of all of you, I would so love to go to something like that, but I bet the chances are slim that there would ever be one near me, or that'll Ill ever be able to afford one that far away!
I know what you mean, Glitch.
I always thought it would be really cool to meet some other TCS members too, but I didn't think it would ever happen!

You just never know: you may get your chance too some day..

Have you ever thought of organizing a meet-up in your own area??

~KK~

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha theres only 2 people who live in South Dakota on TCS!!

I think it would be cool though! I dont know how to even go abouts setting up a meeting!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok Ya'll!!! I caught ya'll talking about me and my accent!!!! I have been
crackin' up!!!
reading this thread!!! Thanks Amber, I
really appreciate you doing this for me! The other night when you called, and left me a message, you know what I told my friend that I was with?....... First, I started listening to my voicemail messages... and to my surprise, all of a sudden it was Amber!!!!!, I told my friend, 'OMG! this one is from my good friend from thecatsite that lives in South Dakota!!!' I was listening and when it was through I said to her,
" That was exactly how I thought she would sound, she has a northern accent and all!" were my exact words!!!! That is so funny! tonight I get on here and I found this thread, and Amber makes the comment about my southern drawl! I too once upon a time, was a yankee, accent and all 'you guys', it wasn't my fault my parents moved me to Texas when I was going into the 4th grade, so it was pretty hard on me, everyone here made fun of
how I talked! and being that young, what can I say, if you can't beat em
Join em'!! I have been here since 74' that is........34 years! You'd talk this way too!! I love it!! we said almost the exact same thing about each other!!!
I love ya Amber! and Tiff!!! and Rigel and Sabrina for caring about me, my computer still isn't fixed totally! but I am online some!!!
thanks again everyone!!

Monique

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Well I don't have the accent, but I've only been living in Texas for six years! I still talk like a "Yankee"!
I'll probably be the only person who attends the meet-up who doesn't have a Texas drawl!

~KK~
well, i don't have a 'texas twang' unless i want to [had one in a show one time - it's easy to put on]. i have more of a general southern accent. probably 'cause my parents aren't from texas, so they don't have one either. they're from louisiana - dad from the north, mom from the south [cajun is another accent i find relatively easy to imitate!].
it really depends on the area you live in - the DFW metroplex is so mixed, you find all kinds.
besides, i'd be willing to bet that Lee's DW doesn't have a texas accent!

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

Ok Ya'll!!! I caught ya'll talking about me and my accent!!!! I have been
crackin' up!!!
reading this thread!!! Thanks Amber, I
really appreciate you doing this for me! The other night when you called, and left me a message, you know what I told my friend that I was with?....... First, I started listening to my voicemail messages... and to my surprise, all of a sudden it was Amber!!!!!, I told my friend, 'OMG! this one is from my good friend from thecatsite that lives in South Dakota!!!' I was listening and when it was through I said to her,
" That was exactly how I thought she would sound, she has a northern accent and all!" were my exact words!!!! That is so funny! tonight I get on here and I found this thread, and Amber makes the comment about my southern drawl! I too once upon a time, was a yankee, accent and all 'you guys', it wasn't my fault my parents moved me to Texas when I was going into the 4th grade, so it was pretty hard on me, everyone here made fun of
how I talked! and being that young, what can I say, if you can't beat em
Join em'!! I have been here since 74' that is........34 years! You'd talk this way too!! I love it!! we said almost the exact same thing about each other!!!
I love ya Amber! and Tiff!!! and Rigel and Sabrina for caring about me, my computer still isn't fixed totally! but I am online some!!!
thanks again everyone!!

Monique
Hope your computer gets fixed properly soon
for that!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hey Laureen, where in Southern La. is your mom from?
My dad is from Oberlin, which is outside of Eunice, southwestern La.
What is her maiden name? My maiden name is Fuselier. Which down there
"Fuselier" (pronounced- Fuse'-lay or Fuse'-leer) is so common, it would be
like the name Smith here! My dad can cooooook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gumbo, Sauce Picanute', Etouffee'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your mom too? He will tell ya,
"If he wasn't cajun....... he'd be ashamed!"

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, i don't have a 'texas twang' unless i want to [had one in a show one time - it's easy to put on]. i have more of a general southern accent. probably 'cause my parents aren't from texas, so they don't have one either. they're from louisiana - dad from the north, mom from the south [cajun is another accent i find relatively easy to imitate!].
it really depends on the area you live in - the DFW metroplex is so mixed, you find all kinds.
besides, i'd be willing to bet that Lee's DW doesn't have a texas accent!
Well, I'm happy to hear that I won't be the only one there who doesn't speak with a Texas drawl!
Y'all are probably gonna get a big kick out of how I speak -- like Marge in that "Fargo" movie (or so I've been told!
). Yeah, ya betcha!!

Hey Monique! I tried calling you the other day: did you get my message??
I absolutely love YOUR Texas drawl! It's so cute!
Are you coming to the meet-up??

Tiff