i am a rat.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
..pack rat that is.

I finally finished cleaning out my storage place.
awhile back they had a fire. i lost several boxes of comic books /cry
several very rare ones ( i used to collect big time)

however keep in mind that some of the items have been in storage since 1989
i still have 22 boxes filled with books.
i just cant bring myself to throw books away. 6 boxes for state of art computer toys(well at least it was for 1989
)

i did find some things i thought i had lost, and lots of stuff for reloading ammo.
that was good cause i was thinking about buying all new , i forgot i already had stuff

well, now i have to start clearing out boxes of books. so i can put my truck back in the garage again

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm one of those marmot sized packrats. I have everything from engine short blocks, loads of ammunition bought in bulk (ammo prices going sky high), raw aluminum/brass/steel/plastic stock (never know when you're gonna need raw materials for a new machining project), boxes of all shapes and sizes (cardboard, plastic, wood, milk crates, etc), odd bits and bobs (pipe fixtures, swageloks, bolts, nuts, hoses, corrugated tube, automotive clips, vacuum tubes, mercury switches, laser diodes, small compressors, milling bits especially carbide ones, slitting saws, random other stuff), assorted car parts (door panels, switches, glass, etc), aquarium tanks and lots of them (it's what happens when you keep reptiles).

Problem is, I would never sell or get rid of the stuff because I would have a use for them sooner or later. Some sooner than later, and some much later. (Yes even the engine short block. Was thinking of scrubbing the hell out of it and degreasing it and put it under a glass coffee table as a display, just haven't found the glass yet).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

OMG have fun! That sounds like a nightmare to me!!
lol yep it is..

Originally Posted by Lemur 6

I'm one of those marmot sized packrats. I have everything from engine short blocks, loads of ammunition bought in bulk (ammo prices going sky high), raw aluminum/brass/steel/plastic stock (never know when you're gonna need raw materials for a new machining project), boxes of all shapes and sizes (cardboard, plastic, wood, milk crates, etc), odd bits and bobs (pipe fixtures, swageloks, bolts, nuts, hoses, corrugated tube, automotive clips, vacuum tubes, mercury switches, laser diodes, small compressors, milling bits especially carbide ones, slitting saws, random other stuff), assorted car parts (door panels, switches, glass, etc), aquarium tanks and lots of them (it's what happens when you keep reptiles).

Problem is, I would never sell or get rid of the stuff because I would have a use for them sooner or later. Some sooner than later, and some much later. (Yes even the engine short block. Was thinking of scrubbing the hell out of it and degreasing it and put it under a glass coffee table as a display, just haven't found the glass yet).
lol yea, same here. lots of tools and stuff that are still good.
my sister took all the weight bench stuff i had for her husband.
i have one aquarum tank,(wish i had knowen that before i brought i new one)
lots of old computer books..

so many flash back. my old flying stuff, old paper and pen gaming stuff.
old pics heehehe

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

You could always build it into a hot rod!

I have a 283 block from my '63 Impala out in the garage, as well as 2 sets of heads and 2 sets of pistons.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lord, you guys sound like my dad! After I got my first car, if it had to go in to be fixed (and it did...often!) my dad insisted I bring back the old parts. Don't ask me why! He was constantly misplacing things in the disaster he called a basement so instead of looking for it or getting organized, he would just go out and buy another one. After my parents passed away and we were cleaning out the house we found 6 staple guns (3 were still new, never opened). He was also bad about collecting things that he planned on fixing....when he had the time. Old lamps that needed rewiring, old TV's that just "need a new tube" (forget the fact that you probably can't BUY a tube for it now). He even kept the first printer for my first computer (Apple II) because "I can fix it". I was like...Dad, you don't even know how to turn the computer on!!

BTW, I'd be more than happy to take some of those books of your hands!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol wva not that far
swing up, and take a load of books.
I am thinking to drop off about half to the local libary let them use them, or sale at there next fund raising.