New Kitten!!!

shadedsilverper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

My name is Cindy and I purchased a Shaded Silver Chinchilla/Persian yesterday. She is 8 weeks old and it seemed like she took forever to be old enough to come home. She was welcomed by our Rottweilers Bear and Daphne whom are very curious about her but haven't had too much time with her as we want her to get accustomed to her home before she spends too much time with hounds.

She seems at the moment to be a lap cat. I have worked on studying for mid terms for about 9 hours today and she has slept on my lap for at least 8.5 of those hours lol.

We have picked out California Natural Kitten food for her. She'll go to the Vets on Monday and will hopefully be spayed when she is about 4 months old if the vet says she weights enough.

I don't have too many photos of her just yet as she is a little intimidated with the size of my camera but hope to get good ones within the next few days. Sorry it is so large I had trouble getting phtobucket to let me resize the picture.

I haven't named her yet. I am looking for something pretty, girly or prissy. Any suggestions?

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww! She is absolutely gorgeous!!
I wish that my cat would help me study for my midterms, but alas, she is not much of a lap kitty. She just thinks that she has too much to do. Hee, hee!

Good luck finding a name for your new fuzzy one. My husband and I went through half a dozen names before finally naming our Ringo - and even now, we end up calling her Ringus more than Ringo. Oh well! Haha!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is very pretty, but next time you adopt a kitten, its a lot better to get one that is between 10-12 weeks old minimum. At 8 weeks its really too soon to be leaving mom and siblings. Especially if its an only kitten.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is so GORGEOUS!! Congratulations and WELCOME to TCS!

Names:

Lana
Madeline
Matilda
Whitney
Violet
Tiffany
Tallulah
Sada
Abigail
Raquel
Phoebe
Prudence
Penelope
Morgan
Constance
Bethany

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

What a pretty kitten you have! Definitely want to see more of her.

See you around the forums.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

but next time you adopt a kitten, its a lot better to get one that is between 10-12 weeks old minimum
This really is very good advice, in fact our breeders code of ethics doesn't allow them to go until 12 weeks.

Your new girl is gorgeous
As long as she weighs 2lbs you should be able to get her spayed now, they do them from 8 weeks/2lbs usually.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Welcome to TheCatSite Cindy.

I am so glad that you and your beautiful kitten have joined our wonderful community of caring people who love cats. Please make yourself at home.

As you learn your way around our site, if you have questions, I would be happy to help you. Feel free to contact me by clicking on my user name, then send a Private Message. I will get back to you asap.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Cindy! Welcome to the Cat Site!

Your kitten is precious!! Can't wait to hear what you name her

Best Wishes! Enjoy the forums

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Cindy
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your furfamily and especially its newest member
to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadedsilverper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow John I want your cats...lol! How neat to have them.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am still trying to decide on a name for her. I am horrible with names.

A friend of mine suggested chanel for her as she thought it was a fancy name for a fancy cat and I like the name but not sure how well it will roll of the tongue.