My dearest friend Minstrel

faerie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After a mercifuly short fight with cancer, my best friend in the whole world, my 'babes', Minstrel, was helped to go to the bridge last night

She fell asleep in my arms, very peacefully, she looked so comfy, with the pain and suffering finally gone

I just hope she knew we did everything humanly possible for her, that the last few weeks, with the op etc, that we were doing what we thought would help her, make her painfree and happy again ... not that we just put her through unneccessary surgery for an extra few weeks

She has left behind the hugest hole ... I dont think the house will ever feel the same, it feels cold without her. I look for her everywhere, in every sight, sound, smell ...

Run well and play free little Minnie, wait for us

You will forever be loved, never replaced!

We will love you always little one!

kayella-tasheen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss, it sounds like you did the best you could. Sometimes in life you have to let go, it seems cruel to let another being suffer. God wanted him home for a reason.
He was jealous :p

RIP

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm so sorry for your loss. i'm sure minstrel knew that you were trying to help her and she will always love you for wanting the best for her.

the pain you're feeling now will ease and you will think of your baby and smile again one day.

take care,
for you.

RIP sweet minstrel.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest in Peace Minstrel

I`m so sorry for you but you did what was best for her and she will be waiting for you
until you meet again

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on losing your special kitty, Minstrel. You did all you could for her and I am sure that she knows how much you love her. She's playing happily over RB, now, in a place where there's no pain or danger or fear. And someday, you all will be reunited again, this time forever!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
that was a lovely tribute to Minstrel
& i'm sure she knows you acted out of love
for you & a
for your Minnie - who is now cancer free, playing like a kitten again over the bridge.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by faerie

I just hope she knew we did everything humanly possible for her
She will, and when the time comes she'll be waiting for you with the biggest head bump as a way of saying thank you for not letting her suffer anymore

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faerie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all your kind wishes and thoughts

I havent been coming to the forum long, only found it when I was looking for help and advice on Minstrels cancer. Am SOO glad I did find you though, it seems like no-one around me knows how I feel ...tomorrow is a week and already have been told to get over it and that I am being pathetic...(by family!!)

I feel sorry for them, I dont think they have ever felt the kind of love Minstrel gave me, she is the only friend I never fell out with, never argued with and was ALWAYS there if I needed love! I miss her in everything I do, I look for her everywhere... she was UNCONDITIONAL

You guys though, you have all been amazing. You have given me such support, I dont know how I would have gotten through the past week!

THANK YOU!

kayella-tasheen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its amazing how some people deem cats as nothing more than "just a cat" and to "get over it" or "go get another one, they are all the same" however, you can't get the same love and compassion you had with that one cat, its just heartless to say such a thing, I was "pathetic" for almost two weeks with one of my other cats after our best friend, Marvin died, however, everyone left me alone. I'm so sorry for your loss, you have strength in you yet, if you feel like no on is there for you, come on here, send me a message, I'm always here to help anothers heart

joshoisasleep

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have often thought about whether kitties realize that the pain of the vet is us trying to help them, or if they think we're being mean. I have come to the conclusion that cats truly know that we're trying to help them, and do not blame us. I believe this because although they hate going to the vet and sometimes stay mad afterward, they always forgive us, even when we have to give them uncomfortable medications. As we know, if you hurt a cat it will hold a grudge forever and always hate you, so it's clear to me that for our kitties to remain friends with us after painful medical treatment, they clearly understand and do not blame us.

I too just lost a little friend, and am very sorry for your loss. I'm sure she knew you were doing your best for her, and was grateful to you to the end.