Anybody else with GHOST cats just outside that door?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't close our bedroom door, and most of the kitties at various points like to hang out on the bed - or on the cat trees/bookshelf/condo on the far side of the room.

But the amount of staring (at night) into the black hole of the door makes us wonder - are there ghost cats hanging out out there?

When they're all in the bedroom, we KNOW it's not one of the kitties wandering by that we can't see. But the craning necks, the big eyes - or Ming Loy vibrating - leaves us wondering just what's up out there in the hall?

Laurie

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tom does the same thing sometimes, he will even run out of the room. One time he even staired out into the other room with a huge tail(like he was scared) and just hunched down like he was getting ready for a fight. That scared the crap out of me and I slept with the lights on. I am a 360+ pound guy who really shouldn't be afraid of anything but...that night it took me a LONG time to fall asleep just wondering what the heck Tom saw.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

If you lived close enough, I would come out and do an EVP reading in your home, to see if you have real spirits (ghosts) there
Oh wow, cool! You are into EVP?

I used to use my cats (when I was a teenager) to make sure I was safe. I KNEW if they started up out of the blue with big eyes that I was in trouble!

Fortunately, that never happened!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Oh wow, cool! You are into EVP?
Fortunately, that never happened!
Yes I am
I have been doing EVP readings at my friends old house, that was built in the early 1800's. They moved out last summer, into the new house they built further back on their property. I can go into great detail of what happened after they moved, but I don't want to hijak the thread. (Maybe I should start an EVP/Ghost thread?) Well, about 2 weeks ago, I started doing EVP there. When I listened to my recording, I asked a question and the first thing we heard was a voice saying "get out". There is more too

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes I am
I have been doing EVP readings at my friends old house, that was built in the early 1800's. They moved out last summer, into the new house they built further back on their property. I can go into great detail of what happened after they moved, but I don't want to hijak the thread. (Maybe I should start an EVP/Ghost thread?) Well, about 2 weeks ago, I started doing EVP there. When I listened to my recording, I asked a question and the first thing we heard was a voice saying "get out". There is more too
Yes, yes, yes...start a thread.

P.S. That really gave me goosebumps about the "get out". Yikes!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once was reading in bed as I often do at night, and I felt a "thump" of a cat jumping up onto my bed, behind me (I was facing the wall.) It felt exactly the way it feels when my cat Sneakers jumps onto the bed and as soon as I felt it I rolled over to say hello to Sneakers and there was nothing there!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Yes, yes, yes...start a thread.

P.S. That really gave me goosebumps about the "get out". Yikes!
Ok, this could be a could thread for me working night shift

I once was reading in bed as I often do at night, and I felt a "thump" of a cat jumping up onto my bed, behind me (I was facing the wall.) It felt exactly the way it feels when my cat Sneakers jumps onto the bed and as soon as I felt it I rolled over to say hello to Sneakers and there was nothing there!
There has been times when I thought I had seen one of my cats that had passed away, when I lived in our other house. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should have stepped out of the thread when I had a chance but Noooo. Now I am afraid! I have been in a haunted house but I will not go into detail. My last apartment had horrible reception and Cleo was peepeeing all over the place. At our new place he is happy and calm. The old place had a dark feeling and the new place is all sunshine and happiness.
My point is that I am convinced cats pick up on another plane of existence. In my new house they walk around with their tails up swaying happily. In the old house they looked spooked a lot.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
funnily enough just last night milo was sitting next to me on the sofa, and he suddenly stared intently out into the hall for about a minute and then went back to sleep.

my first thought was that janet (milo's buddy who crossed the bridge last october) had come to say hi.

i have felt a presence in this house before but i'm sure it was the previous tenant who sadly passed away in the property.

one night there was a hugely strong smell of old spice aftershave. it must have only lasted about 5 seconds but it was definately there.

i have never felt threatened or scared and when milo did this staring last night i just felt happy that it could be janet with us.

i'm a believer in the afterlife and i do think that spirits come and visit.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no reason to be afraid really. If you smell something, such as the Old Spice, hear or feel something, it is just their way of trying to make contact. They can speak through EVP though, which is really interesting to hear. I often wonder what our cats see that we can't. It would be interesting to be able to see through our cats eyes. I have seen them stare into dark room or at a wall as if something was there

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes i'd heard that before that if it is a noise or a smell, it is them trying to get you to be aware that they are around.

i nearly gave up the tenancy on this place as when i first moved in i had the neighbours from hell. 15 year old son left alone to party 2 nights a week. juke box rammed up against the adjoining wall. you get the picture?

and in the year that was occuring was when i had some 'things' happening that i'm convinced were from doug, the guy who had died.

now i've heard that animals can be very spooked and aware of a 'bad' spirit but as my lot (2 dogs and 4 cats at the time) were all very calm when things did happen, i took that as a sign that things would eventually be ok in the house.

my neighbours moved out a year later. new neighbours moved in, lovely normal people!
and this house feels like my home. never heard from doug since either.

i truly believe that the animals would have reacted differently and that doug's little 'signs' would have been more sinister if i wasn't supposed to stay.

by the way, a friend of mine always says the cats are going into 'lock out' when they stare into space, a lovely description!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we shared a large farmhouse with a now friend none of us in the home could sleep. All of us had insomnia and I used to get a feeling in the home that I can't describe. All of us agreed that something was at play.
My friend through a friend started talking to a Native American who gave us some sage to burn in the home.
Turned out that the man who had built the home died there before his time. I think he loved that home that he built for his family. Mary would stare at the door blink a few times and then go back to sleep.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe someone where here there is the thread i wrote about heyu standing on my stomach. with her tail all puffed up and she was hissing at the door

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There is no reason to be afraid really. If you smell something, such as the Old Spice, hear or feel something, it is just their way of trying to make contact. They can speak through EVP though, which is really interesting to hear. I often wonder what our cats see that we can't. It would be interesting to be able to see through our cats eyes. I have seen them stare into dark room or at a wall as if something was there
lol i dont even like making contact with the living.
i see no reason to make contact with the dead

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ahhh the good 'ol' paranormal...
im partially pshycic well clairvoyent too be exact i sense the paranormal by touch or smells...
i occasionally see them theres really nothing too be scared of i lived at a young age in a 200 year old house turned into flats, the man who had the house built haunted it along with his wife...
He wasnt a particularly nice man and would feel his presence stairing down at the stairs e appeared too be blocked there.... going up those stairs and past him is the loft wher in my stupid days id sit and play with oujee boards.. needless too say mr nasty felt free too join in...
but his wife was freindly i could pick up on her via the lavander smell and certain objects like the orginal stairwell...

since moving too wales theres an old mill by me i refuse too go near because of
the emotion i pick up on theire it brings a horrible gut wrenching fear i have never really done any reasearch but ill go do that now and bring back any info i find!

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not outside the door; but perhaps outside a window. Turvy, Nauti and Cabela, the D.O.G. are all buried near the birdfeeders. Sometimes at night, the entire tribe will crowd into that window, staring off into the darkness. There are motion sensitive floodlights on that end of the house, but they never come on. I've shined a spotlight out that window and never have seen anything, no stray cats, deer, foxes...nothing.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Popsie used to stare at nothing at my parents house all the time. I've experienced weird things there as well. There is some swamp land close to where the live and I used to know a guy whos grandparents lived around there. He said there was an ancient Indian burial ground where all that swamp land is. He was a pastor too so I don't think he would lie. The scariest thing I ever had happen at my parents was, I was running the vacuum in the living room and for some reason I looked over to my left. I couldn't actually see anything but I sensed a "presence" approaching me. Then suddenly I felt a jolt on my left shoulder like something had struck me.
That is just one of the many weird things that has happend at my mom and dads.