Mothers day what would you do

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday morning I was working at one of my clients homes.

She will be 91 years young in July and a really nice lady. Anyhow she was outside watching me weed
and we were chatting about a variety of topics.

I asked her if her children were coming to visit for Mothers Day (they all live out of state) are any plans and she said no-no nothing. I felt kind of sad and was wondering of about doing something for her.

I can get her a card?? Would that be appropriate? She does enjoy flowers but what if her children send her some?? What other little something could I do?? My parents will be here so we will be cooking out most likely-mom and I could stop over for a quick visit later??

Any thoughts would be great!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beck4582

You could bake her some cookies or something and take them when you go visit. I think that would be a great thing to do.
I agree, I think that would be a great idea, even a flower or a card too, she would probably really appreciate that

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you can get her children's names and numbers and call them up and REMIND them it's Mother's Day. Sheesh! I've known so many people who have nothing at all against their parents, but nonetheless consider it a burden to have to stay in touch with them. I'll never understand it.

If you and your mom went by on Mother's Day with a plate of cookies and a nice plant, maybe... I think that would be just wonderful! And bless your heart for thinking of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'll consult my mom so she knows what up!!
I'll get a card and bring a piece of whatever dessert I'm making. She has many plants but I will think of something-well actually I mentioned that I have a hugh daylily of mine I was going to plant (I wasn't going to ask her to pay for it) but perhaps a peony that I got from my cousin as she said she had one that color from her mom but thinks she lost it.

Thanks for the ideas!!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Well I'll consult my mom so she knows what up!!
I'll get a card and bring a piece of whatever dessert I'm making. She has many plants but I will think of something-well actually I mentioned that I have a hugh daylily of mine I was going to plant (I wasn't going to ask her to pay for it) but perhaps a peony that I got from my cousin as she said she had one that color from her mom but thinks she lost it.

Thanks for the ideas!!
I think all the ideas you have gotten are wonderful. I'm sure she would appreciate anything you do give her because you were kind enough to think of her.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to keep on good terms with her as she has a beautiful copper/wrought iron plantstand just gathering dust in her basement that I would like to buy someday!!

But for being almost 91 living by herself and independent and quite picky about her gardens is pretty cool.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I lived out of state from my mom for many years and was never able to visit her on mothers day. Just because they don't visit on mothers day doesn't mean that they won't call, send flowers, etc. I wouldn't assume she's been abandoned and would find something that was thoughtful, but not on the level that children would send their mom. Baked goods are a safe bet. A bigger gift and she might wonder.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a plate of cookies and a visit would be wonderful. A flower thrown in would be a nice touch as well. Thats just awesome to want to do something for her

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I was going to suggest you bring her a plant or flower bush, maybe something she loves but doesn't have, or if there's a plant in her name (like LILY of the valley, lol) you could get it....hopefully her name isn't Bertha or something...and plant it for her. The dessert and card would top it off perfectly. Or be good on their own.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talked with mom and since my sister is coming on the 16th they will wait until then to come so perhaps Mom, sis and I will go over for a visit a week late though I will still give her a card!!