spring in the country smells like

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cow manure...

cant open my windows at home, everything smells like cow Patty.

The famers are putting it out in the fields

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel, we live across the street from a big cow pasture and there's a bunch of cows over there, and we get to smell that lovely smell a lot when we open some of the windows or step out onto the front porch.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww...just leave your window open! After a while you don't even notice it (until fall when you close the windows and turn the heat one and all that smell that was absorbed in your couch, curtins, rugs, etc is released!
) Made that mistake last summer....

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate that smell. I live out in the country too and am totally surrounded by fields. I go to bed with the windows open but usually have to wake up and close them because it will start to smell bad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol yea, i told the wife this morning

nothing says spring better then the smell of cow manure in the morning

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
OH MY GOSH! Before I even opened the thread I go "cow poop!" hahaha I went to Penn State University, main campus and it always smelled like cow poop! And some of the tailgating spots for football are the "not currently in use" cow pastures haha

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I am in a area with very large dairy farms and they don't use a tractor and a manure spreader they either use very large tractors to pull the 5,000 gallon manure tanks or in the case of the dairy that has 6900 (yes thats right) cows they hire tractor trailers and use the tankers similar in size to what gas stations use for gasoline for haul their liquid manure. Not as smelly but much more traffic on the road.

Gee I can't wait for that to start (not)!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm one of the weird ones, I live in the country and love the smell of the cows and the horses. It's one of my favorite smells in the world!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I'm one of the weird ones, I live in the country and love the smell of the cows and the horses. It's one of my favorite smells in the world!
We live away from the city in a small town which necessitates driving through farm country to and from work. I have no problem with the smell of cow and horse manure but Lord that pig manure stinks. Sheep manure is only marginally better.

As a kid I used to have to help haul and spread the manure on our own gardens and it was never really an issue. We sure were hungry after we finished the chore of spreading that manure - not sure if it was the smell or the exercise.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You got that right! I live in rural Nebraska where there are more cows than people!!!! It stinks like cow poo here!

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

im not the only one!
hehe i llllove it

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I grew up on a dairy farm so smelling cow poo smells like my childhood. I love it! I will say I cannot STAND the smell of chicken poo
. My grandpa used to spread that on the fields-- that stuff is nasty!