week old wanting to suckle on everything

filo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My week old maybe even 6 days ( I have had him now for 4 days) old Ollie wants to suckle all the time. I have to pull the nipple out of his mouth after he finishes his formula. When he crawls on me he is definetly looking for something to suck on. Does anyone have any suggestions. A home made kitten pasafier? anything? I feel soo bad for him.
Thanks Ollies mom

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
do you have a clean stuffed animal for him to cuddle up to? and is he getting enough to eat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

filo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a small stuffed animal and a sock full of rice. He weighs 4oz and I feed him every 4 hours 1 tsp of formula. Should I feed him more ? He always seems hungry. I always have to pull the bottle out of his mouth so he doesn't suck in air. He also seems to be very fidgety when you hold him.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Filo

I have a small stuffed animal and a sock full of rice. He weighs 4oz and I feed him every 4 hours 1 tsp of formula. Should I feed him more ? He always seems hungry. I always have to pull the bottle out of his mouth so he doesn't suck in air. He also seems to be very fidgety when you hold him.
kittens that age should be fed every 2 hours i believe. Hes prob hungry!! Give him as much as he wants at each feeding too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

filo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i switched his formula to KMR and he seems more satisfied. He seems full with 1 tsp and falls asleep quickly without trying to suckle on everything. Also he started hissing when I approach him and wake him for a feeding. Is this normal?