morbidly obese cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Eliot'sMom

....why are his eyes bugging out like that?
Possibly because of the way he is being held. I don't think a cat that size should be held like that. That's the least of his problems though...

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
:eek:

i have spent ages glaring at it cant see any photoshoppery
disgusting..
i always wanted a large ginger tom but thats wrong!!!!!!!!

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I looked it up online and it says the Cat is real but the Picture was altered to make it look worse. He is very fat though.
they did a god job of altering it then

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Real-Life 'Garfield'?

My colleague Franny Syufy recently blogged about an Italian housecat who weighs an astonishing 35 pounds (that's "morbidly obese" to you and me) and has gotten a lot of press coverage because of his facial resemblance in some photos to the cartoon cat Garfield.

Now, I do not doubt that Orazio is real or that his diet consists largely of lasagna. What bugs me is that a few of the photos, especially this one on Ananova.com, have a slightly, um, Photoshopped look to them (the eyes and mouth in particular). Other photos, not so much.
The Cat is real but they say some pics are altered.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

A Real-Life 'Garfield'?

My colleague Franny Syufy recently blogged about an Italian housecat who weighs an astonishing 35 pounds (that's "morbidly obese" to you and me) and has gotten a lot of press coverage because of his facial resemblance in some photos to the cartoon cat Garfield.

Now, I do not doubt that Orazio is real or that his diet consists largely of lasagna. What bugs me is that a few of the photos, especially this one on Ananova.com, have a slightly, um, Photoshopped look to them (the eyes and mouth in particular). Other photos, not so much.
The Cat is real but they say some pics are altered.
Did you watch the video? I can't watch it at work. Does he look as big in them? I think he may look odd in the pics because of the way he is being held. Regardless, the point is it is sad that a cat would be allowed to reach 35 lbs. Especially at such a young age.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

Did you watch the video? I can't watch it at work. Does he look as big in them? I think he may look odd in the pics because of the way he is being held. Regardless, the point is it is sad that a cat would be allowed to reach 35 lbs. Especially at such a young age.
No he dosent look as big in the video but still way too fat.

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat that was 37 at his heaviest right around 4 or 5. He was on diet food and water and never lost more than a few pounds in his entire life. I think he had some illness we did not know about at the time we had him, he was our first cat and we werent given much help on how to help him.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by keith p

I had a cat that was 37 at his heaviest right around 4 or 5. He was on diet food and water and never lost more than a few pounds in his entire life. I think he had some illness we did not know about at the time we had him, he was our first cat and we werent given much help on how to help him.
That is different. This person admits to feeding her cat lasagna. That is not good for a cat to eat! I certainly hope the lasagna does not have garlic or onion in it. Those ingrediants are poisionious to cats.