Males cats ummmmm well....just click lol

lovemycatswsq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my 8 month old male cat Smidgeon in getting neutered on May 13th. You may already know this from my earlier thread. Anyways he has obviousely his puberty and all that fun stuff. And so he has been living in the basement apartment with my roommate so he is kept away from my female Wicked who is getting spayed in the 13th as well.

Well I have never owned a intact male in the same house as a intact female so this may be normal. But he has found its fun to mount and enjoy himself on any pillow he can wrap his paws around. He also had tried to mount my dog. Only on one occasion but still lol it was pretty weird.

So has this happened to anyone else on here? Just wanting to make sure my cats not a freak lol.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had an intact male past 5 months either, but my mom was in your situation a couple of years ago with her dogs. I found the male mounting a phone book!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't know about cats but my parents have to fixed female dogs and one tried to mount the other all the time. It may be gross but it's natural... and really no different than human "mountings" except we hopefully display a little more discretion than our furry friends.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemycatswsq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol I have seen dogs do it plenty. Never even heard of cats mounting objects that weren't other cats.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of them do it. And some continue after they are neutered. Wellington was neutered two years ago, but still mounts a stuffed rabbit I directed him to after he kept trying to mount my arm or leg! Cushions are not safe from him either. He also regularly tries it with his special friend Biscotte, who is very tolerant - they wash each others' faces furiously afterwards.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Charlie was neutered at 3 months old, and he still will get excited at times. I don't think its all hormones or lack of them. Its the general makeup of being a male

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my cousin has a yorkie that mounted EVERYTHING so he bought him a stuffed dog (to keep him from mounting everyone and everything). he'd mount the dog and eventually humped it in half
; he went thru several stuffed animals! when he was done he'd roll over and sleep with all 4 legs in the air. after they were done breeding him they neutered him but he still humps his stuffed dogs.

ok i really dont know what to do, i just thought it was a hilarious story. esp when its a 2lb yorkie and a giant stuffed german shepherd getting humped in half. ...maybe you just have to be there.
you could try stuffed animals

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemycatswsq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol hey im just glad im not alone
. I guess I would rather he hump pillows than my arm. He has mounted my roommates arm and lets out this loud pained yowl when Jesse pushes him off.

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Lots of them do it. And some continue after they are neutered. Wellington was neutered two years ago, but still mounts a stuffed rabbit I directed him to after he kept trying to mount my arm or leg! Cushions are not safe from him either. He also regularly tries it with his special friend Biscotte, who is very tolerant - they wash each others' faces furiously afterwards.
Yeah, Albus has a blanket that he really *loves* and he's fixed. We're not sure if it's a maternal love (he starts out just kneading it) or a sexual thing, but we're leaning towards the latter. He starts out just kneading it, then he bites a chunk of it and starts kneading it with his back legs, too, and you can see the concentration in his face.
We let him do it for a couple of minutes before pulling him off. It's not nearly as gross as when a dog does it.

spookzilla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lsanders

Yeah, Albus has a blanket that he really *loves* and he's fixed. We're not sure if it's a maternal love (he starts out just kneading it) or a sexual thing, but we're leaning towards the latter. He starts out just kneading it, then he bites a chunk of it and starts kneading it with his back legs, too, and you can see the concentration in his face.
We let him do it for a couple of minutes before pulling him off. It's not nearly as gross as when a dog does it.
LOL
, my Oliver does exactly the same thing with me. He waits until I am in bed and kneads my arm with back legs just flailing--yes, he concentrates very hard. He gets very annoyed when I push him off and also lets out a very hurt cry. And yes he is neutered!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lsanders

Frankie (my girl) does this too but usually when we're in bed. I'll get downstairs in the morning and my blanket on the couch will be all scrunched up.