shots fired near my house last night...

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well a little excitement last night....
heard what sounded like gun shots - several of them...
after 11 last night...and there were around 5 - 6 cop cars outside my house...ok..so I did think of taking the camera out and getting photos...
but..
I didn't...
I got interviewed by the cops around 12:30 last night...
just asking if I heard/saw anything...
and apparently I slept through the alarm this morning but got up 15 minutes after it went off...

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
That's always scary... I'm unfortunately only like 2 towns away from one of the most dangerous towns in the country (Camden, NJ) and occasionally we hear stuff a little ways away... plus my dad is a fireman so we have a police/fire scanner (ok more like 4 scanners) in the house so we hear all the calls... I can't wait until we're able to move...

This actually reminds me of a funny story - My sophomore year of college, I dated a guy named Alex and his family was really into hunting... well the one time I went to visit his family like out in the middle of the woods in Central PA, he and I decided to take a walk through the land behind his house... I heard a gun shot in the distance and hit the deck! He laughed at me and said it was just his neighbor practicing at his private practice range HAHA... kind of weird that the idea of unfriendly fire never crossed Alex's mind - he freaked when he came to visit me and I drove him through Camden (in the middle of the day mind you) to go to the aquarium...

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is insane and scary. I hear gun shots a lot at my home but we are rural and usually people are shooting targets or bottles in the woods so I don't think anything of it and cops never come out here.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I guess spring has officially come to Canada. When the folks in Winterpeg decide to come outside to do ANYTHING, even shooting, it's a sign of warm weather.

Seriously though, that is scary. Have you found out what happened or what it was all about?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
har har har...
:p
hey we were known as murderpeg for awhile you know...murder capital of canada.