My cat died Tonight :( R.I.P. Tucker

bjh088

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sadddddddddd I loved this cat to death...he was the pea to my pod. He was my best friend. and We hung out together everyday!! I walked into the dinning room and he was sitting on his usual chair but meowing at me like a cry for help "Meow" it didn't sound like his fluid calling too me.... the meows were sad sounding and he knew what was about to happen. His mouth was open and he was like trying to gasp for air or something and he was drooling. He started stumbling around and finnally fell over and contiued to make the weird gaging look then his tail got really fat and pupils HUGE then he went into a seizure and jerked a couple time and it was over he was dead me and my mom were right by his side.

Tucker was 18 yrs old and his health was detereating. He lost so much weight over the last year it was gross. He was not choking but most likely he was bleeding internally. or his lungs were full of fluid that's why he was having problems breathing. I don't know if that was even the problem his mouth was just open and drooling and he was making a gag reflux movement. He couldn't of been chokeing cause he was making that gag movement for about 25 minutes before he died. OMG It's so sad to think about I have had that cat by my side since I was 4 yrs old. I talked too him and spent more time with him than any other human being on this earth. I called my sister and my moms boyfriend were just laughing and said it's about time for him to go. It seems like the whole world are a bunch of closet-fags they desperately cannot show any feeling what so ever just cause their so in-secure with themselves. And when other people show feeling they make fun...It's like c'mon their more to the world than that, get over your ego's. EGO is part of an evolutionary energy and really your not a man unless your man enough to wear your feelings on your sleeve. I missed my cat he was my best friend and I cried like a baby, when he died. And I almost punched my mom's boyfriends face in when he said "It's just a farm animal let it go" no I spent 20 yrs of my life with this cat...I have deeper connection with this cat than most humans I know. ughh ANYWAYS I AM REALLY SAD AND CANT BELIEVE TUCKER IS GONE DIED TONIGHT. TONIGHT WILL BE THE FIRST NIGHT HE WON"T SLEEP WITH ME in ALMOST 15 YEARS!!
((

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so, so sorry for your loss!
You certainly are among those who have felt what you are feeling on this site and I guarentee no one here will be laughing. we all share your sorrow. Rest in peace Tucker and look down on those that truly loved you.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you lost your friend and that people were too mean to take your feelings into consideration. Some people don't get or will ever get the special bond between pet and owner. Never knowing that kind of love is their punishment for being such JACK %$#%. RIP sweet Tucker.
I also want to add that it doesn't say much for someone who can't love an animal. Sorry for ranting, I'm just ticked off that you were laughed at in your time of grief. We are here for you a TCS.

jillie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. I had a similar relationship with a cat I had since I was very young. He had to be PTS at 19 and it was so hard for me to hold him in my arms while they put the needle into his I.V.

Unfortunately, not everybody sees animals like you do. Try and understand that and forgive them. Anger mixed with anguish is the last thing you need, afterall.

Sleep well, litter Tucker.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bjh088

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have him in a VET BOX right now. Were calling The human society tomorrow to get him cre-mated. I'm guessing this is the best way to go? I have another cat she's a little sassy frass 9 yrs old tho, and she doesn't seem to understand what's going on I even took TUCKER out of the box she just sniffed him a little bit and moved on. I'm guessing cats don't recognize other cats dying very well?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BJH088

I have him in a VET BOX right now. Were calling The human society tomorrow to get him cre-mated. I'm guessing this is the best way to go? I have another cat she's a little sassy frass 9 yrs old tho, and she doesn't seem to understand what's going on I even took TUCKER out of the box she just sniffed him a little bit and moved on. I'm guessing cats don't recognize other cats dying very well?
Cats definately understand when another cat dies. Your other cat will probably grieve in her own way. Both of you will be in my thoughts.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your kitty!
We had to put our siamese to sleep a few years back, and our other cats noticed when she wasn't around and acted different for a while..

Rest in peace Tucker. Say hi to our Sassy if you see her.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry about your Cat. Cats do understand when another one dies. Coco was there when Yoshi was Pts. They let us spend as much time as we wanted with Yoshi before he was Pts. We did not go in when he got the Shot. I cried on Coco and tried to hide her in front of my face so people could not see me cry. After that Coco hid when she needed to go to the Vet. Stormy I found drooling like your Cat did. We called the Vet and went fast and they said there was no hope i said wait one more day. She was Pts the next day. Meeko became very upset and refused to eat. You are right about people not caring. My Patches died at the Er vet on Thanksgiving in 1998 and my mgr refused to let me go home. He made fun of me for crying. It was his day off and I asked him to come in for me.

bjh088

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Such a sad and empty feeling, He was so scared... meowing for help... then body jerks and he's gone. One of the worst things I've seen in my life.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sad memory of your boy. he might have been meowing to you for help, or he might have been meowing because he knew his time had come and he didn't want to leave you. I had a large White German Shepard/Husky mix who was so devoted; the vet put her down because of cancer, but she fought so hard to stay with me, even after the 2nd dose, until I told her it was okay to leave. and I told her "go get Tinker" (my RB horse) and at that very instant her ears pricked up and she was instantly gone.
I am so sorry that the very people who are supposed to be your support system are so clueless about that special bond between cats and people.They deserve your pity because they truly do not know what they are missing - it shows ignorance, esp. your mom's Bfriend. Since you are her child, no matter how old you are, for her sake, he should have shown respect and compassion. He's lucky you didn't punch him in the face or reply, "You're right - he was just a farm animal and YOU are just a waste of Earth's precious resources".

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BJH088

Such a sad and empty feeling, He was so scared... meowing for help... then body jerks and he's gone. One of the worst things I've seen in my life.
i am sorry,
Life does not give up easy. So its not pretty sight to see.

I agree with luvmycat1, it does not say much for the people who laughed at you.

it may take some time, but in time, the good memories of Tucker will take over, then you will remember the good feelings he gave you

RIP tucker play well at the bridge.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my heart goes out to you. it is such a lonely time when we lose one of precious babies.

remember that these people who don't understand also never experience the joy and wonder that we do in having such a close relatiosnship with these amazing creatures.

RIP sweet tucker.

bjh088

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can't begin to explain how much this cat means too me. I've had him since the age of 3, he's been here with me my whole life. I had a connection with him stronger than any human connection I've ever had. He PURRRRED so loud whenever he sat by me. This is not gonna be easy to get over and I think I'm gonna get a tattoo of him on my arm

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i dont think we ever get over it.
not with people or animals that we care about.
We learn to deal with it.

tucker left his paw prints on you.
we never forget when that happens, but its a good thing

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, please remember all the good times you had with Tucker. Tucker is now healthy and free from pain. He is over at the Bridge playing with all the other animals that are there.

jimmy jazz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry too hear about Tucker. I recently lost my 15 year old and it tore me apart. I am a guy who would never cry in public. At funerals, wakes etc. When my I took my cat to the vet to be put down I balled the whole time. In the vets office the whole time. Sobbing and crying uncontrolably. I didn't care who saw at that point. I loved my cat and like you he slept in my bed every night.

RIP Tucker... Sorry too hear the news.

some people jsut don't undertand how wonderful pets are for people. and for them I feel sorry they are really missing out on one of lifes gifts.

kunalen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I am sorry to hear about Tucker.I feel that our cats are sometimes closer then any human.I too have lost a cat about a year ago.I have nacho now but the pain never goes.Cherish the good memories.