New job!

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I FINALLY did it! I found a new job with the school distrct and I quit old navy!!! I even wrote corporate a 4 1/2 page letter about everything that is wrong with that store and the things they're doing!
I have yet to hear from them and I doubt I will but it felt good to get all of that out! I'm a personal care aid to a little autistic girl for the rest of the school year. My first day in this class was Monday and one of the boys bit me on the arm!
Sure didn't make me like the job any better and I had a breakdown when I got home.. Things are getting better and she's getting used to me so she's more cooperative
Please send me vibes to not go crazy before the school year is through!

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on the new job
, I am sure things will settle down soon.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
good luck w/the new job. autistic children can be both difficult & rewarding to work with...
did you get training on restraint? the training i had taught how to avoid getting bitten/grabbed/etc. as well as how to release yourself if such a thing does happen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

good luck w/the new job. autistic children can be both difficult & rewarding to work with...
did you get training on restraint? the training i had taught how to avoid getting bitten/grabbed/etc. as well as how to release yourself if such a thing does happen.
No.. they didn't give us any kind of training.. they just threw me in there with them and said I'd learn as I went along.. MMM yea.. the hard way.. Our whole school district is like that.. My aunt and uncle both work there and they didn't get any training either..

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a friend who quit Old Navy recently. He was a manager, and has gone over to working for a Wal-Mart distribution center.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I have a friend who quit Old Navy recently. He was a manager, and has gone over to working for a Wal-Mart distribution center.
lol his must be going down the drain like ours is then... good for him!
He should write corporate lol