Vibes for the work place......

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't go into details because there is a lot that has been going on in my workplace for about 6 months-since our opening day. It has all to do with the hygienist. I will abbreiviate as follows-J being the hygienist, Dr. K being the doctor that is now leaving and Dr. O being the managing doctor. Now mind you-I work for a corporation so there are people above all of us.

Last night was the night from hell. All because of all this stuff J has been doing and it is tearing the whole office apart. We all get along except J and we cannot take it anymore. She has been givenmany many more chances than one person is allowed. She is a horrible person and a pathological liar. I know for a fact and have busted her many times on lies. She lies to the patients and does procedures that she shouldn't be doing on them. She is VERY unethical. I cannot work with someone like that. Because of this altercation that happened last night, Dr. K may be putting in an immediate resignation TONIGHT. Dr. O thinks Dr. K is handling this wrong. The other girls(there are 5 more girls-including our office manager)that feel the SAME way as Dr. K. We are at a loss. I have been a basketcase all night. Me and my co-worker call each other every night and complain about J all the time. I am stressed all the time.

The 6 of us girls have decided that if nothing is done about J being fired, that we are all walking out. I am ready and we have all defended Dr. K through all of this.

I know that this is hard to understand. I just can't go into details because there is tooooooooo much involved.

Just please please please send some vibes that this goes well tomorrow and that our corporate office picks Dr. K over this evil woman. I have never in my life hated someone. I don't even like that word. But this woman is AWFUL.

I just don't want to go to work tomorrow.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. People like J seem to pop up just when things are starting to be enjoyable.

Here are some vibes that tomorrow goes well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh she has been there all 6 months but it has been 6 months waaaaaay too long.....

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a similar situation once -- a woman was brought into the company to become the head of a six-person department that had just grown up over a period of years without a leader. We could have used a "traffic manager" type, but we were functioning surprisingly well on our own... until this woman came along.

Once she arrived with her pedantic little micromanagement protocols and insulting, kindergarten-level management style, we actually had to meet in secret to get anything accomplished... she obstructed the work, rather than facilitating it. Finally, one of our group wrote a letter detailing the problems and citing examples. We all signed it, and copies were given both to her and to the owner of the company.

I'm sorry to say that it was another five or six months before the owner finally got that woman out the door. He didn't want to fire her because she was exactly the kind of person who would have filed suit for wrongful termination, claiming the letter demonstrated that it was a "hostile workplace." So instead of being summarily dismissed as she should have been, she was eventually "placed" in a position with one of our suppliers (who never forgave us for unloading her on him
).

I understand the frustration you must feel to be driven to this point, and I hope your effort is more successful than ours. Be careful to document every bit of wrongdoing you possibly can, so the corporation will have what it needs to protect itself legally if they do decide to fire her. Good luck!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh courtney, i'm soo sorry all of this drama is going on in your workplace. That must be soo stressful for you and everyone else involved

Many vibes headed your way that things work out and this nonsense stops
I'm only a pm away if you need to vent!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I had a similar situation once -- a woman was brought into the company to become the head of a six-person department that had just grown up over a period of years without a leader. We could have used a "traffic manager" type, but we were functioning surprisingly well on our own... until this woman came along.

Once she arrived with her pedantic little micromanagement protocols and insulting, kindergarten-level management style, we actually had to meet in secret to get anything accomplished... she obstructed the work, rather than facilitating it. Finally, one of our group wrote a letter detailing the problems and citing examples. We all signed it, and copies were given both to her and to the owner of the company.

I'm sorry to say that it was another five or six months before the owner finally got that woman out the door. He didn't want to fire her because she was exactly the kind of person who would have filed suit for wrongful termination, claiming the letter demonstrated that it was a "hostile workplace." So instead of being summarily dismissed as she should have been, she was eventually "placed" in a position with one of our suppliers (who never forgave us for unloading her on him
).

I understand the frustration you must feel to be driven to this point, and I hope your effort is more successful than ours. Be careful to document every bit of wrongdoing you possibly can, so the corporation will have what it needs to protect itself legally if they do decide to fire her. Good luck!
We have been documenting EVERYTHING and our regional manager had us-the 2 front desk girls, the 2 assistants and the office manager-wirte up EVERYTHING that happened yesterday. I cannot believe its taking so long to get her out of here!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending you tons of

It never ceases to amaze me how work places keep people who are such liabilities (and lawsuits waiting to happen) around do long!!

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
for you & everyone at work. It is not fun working in a hostile place... life is too short for all the petty office politics.
luck! But like everyone says document everything!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

I won't go into details because there is a lot that has been going on in my workplace for about 6 months-since our opening day. It has all to do with the hygienist. I will abbreiviate as follows-J being the hygienist, Dr. K being the doctor that is now leaving and Dr. O being the managing doctor. Now mind you-I work for a corporation so there are people above all of us.

Last night was the night from hell. All because of all this stuff J has been doing and it is tearing the whole office apart. We all get along except J and we cannot take it anymore. She has been givenmany many more chances than one person is allowed. She is a horrible person and a pathological liar. I know for a fact and have busted her many times on lies. She lies to the patients and does procedures that she shouldn't be doing on them. She is VERY unethical. I cannot work with someone like that. Because of this altercation that happened last night, Dr. K may be putting in an immediate resignation TONIGHT. Dr. O thinks Dr. K is handling this wrong. The other girls(there are 5 more girls-including our office manager)that feel the SAME way as Dr. K. We are at a loss. I have been a basketcase all night. Me and my co-worker call each other every night and complain about J all the time. I am stressed all the time.

The 6 of us girls have decided that if nothing is done about J being fired, that we are all walking out. I am ready and we have all defended Dr. K through all of this.

I know that this is hard to understand. I just can't go into details because there is tooooooooo much involved.

Just please please please send some vibes that this goes well tomorrow and that our corporate office picks Dr. K over this evil woman. I have never in my life hated someone. I don't even like that word. But this woman is AWFUL.

I just don't want to go to work tomorrow.
Sending prayers to you from Mississippi, I hope everything goes ok for you and your co-workers tomorrow. It is great that ya'll are standing up for the other doctor. Keep us posted on how everything turns out.