dribblers?

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok we got misty a few months ago and misty dribbles alot when she purrs....
but know my little teaser seems to too!
is this something i should worry about?
or are they both just silly?

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
milo doesn't dribble, he drools! he'll lay across my shoulders and play with my pony tail but the whole time drool is literally dripping out of his mouth! my dh thinks it's hysterical as milo had this look on his face like he's stoned or something!

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dribbling and drooling while purring is pretty common. If it's a new occurrence, it's worth a vet visit to make sure nothing is going on with their teeth to be causing a problem, but otherwise some cats are just droolers when they are happy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

Dribbling and drooling while purring is pretty common. If it's a new occurrence, it's worth a vet visit to make sure nothing is going on with their teeth to be causing a problem, but otherwise some cats are just droolers when they are happy.
i rang the vet about teaser sudden dribbly drool attcks and he said bring her in (i was scared )
but i took her in and he said he couldnt see anything thank god!
so maybe its just a new thing

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you took her in just to be sure since it was new behavior - but three of our six drool like crazy when we pet them. It's quite common. We keep lots of throw blankets, old t-shirts around to grab and set on our laps (or for the kitties that don't do laps, tissues for wiping up wet hands) for our drooling kitties.

Laurie