Flowerbelle's 1st few days home! (lots of pics)

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This kitty started purring the day we brought her home - and she pretty much hasn't stopped. She purred playing, she purred eating - the only time she didn't purr was when she was sleeping. She was SO happy to be rescued! Poor thing was such a mess, she needed so many vet visits, a billion medications a day (11, actually) for months on end (7, actually), and lots of surgeries (8, actually).

We already had four cats in the RV, and she was so small - we felt protective and thought we'd go slow, so she had a set-up in the shower (you can't see the hole cut in the side of the box so she could come and go):

I don't think she even spent one night in there. The kitties were already used to fosters coming and going - and she was so sick - not even Spooky had a problem with her.

These pics were all taken the next day.

She was such a pathetic looking little bag of bones (though she'd already spent a month fattening up at the vet):

Discovering play for the first time:

She absolutely LOVED being rolled over in a summersault!

Day 3, and Daddy was hers (sorry - he wanted me to crop out his face):

Day 10, and she's more comfortable about the house, and having SO much fun discovering toys:

Two weeks later - and she decided she'd just take on all the toys at once!

She'll be five this year. And she's still SO happy to be alive! She pesters us constantly to play - but how can we refuse, when she gives us lots of kitty kisses?

We love you, Flowerbelle!

Laurie

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

She'll be five this year. And she's still SO happy to be alive! She pesters us constantly to play - but how can we refuse, when she gives us lots of kitty kisses?

We love you, Flowerbelle!

Laurie
awww.....we all
you Flowerbelle!!
I totally remember when you brought her home and couldn't wait for updates as you nursed her back to health. You guys are just so amazing.....no wonder she loves life living with you two!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know what's the MOST amazing? We were going to just foster her! I think my post about her being up for adoption still exists somewhere here on TCS! For the first few weeks, we just called her the "little white kitty"! (Turns out she was deaf, so it didn't matter what we called her
)

Laurie

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw, I'm so touched by Flowerbelle's story.

My hubby and I are delighted to see that you and Flowerbelle are so happy together, and that she really shows her appreciation and love for all that you did for her.

You and Flowerbelle are so meant to be. She's such an angel.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww sweet Flowerbelle! I've always had a soft spot in my heart for her! I've been wondering if you still had her! Have any recent pictures?

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Awww sweet Flowerbelle! I've always had a soft spot in my heart for her! I've been wondering if you still had her! Have any recent pictures?
I want to see piccies of her today! Adorable!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a pretty kitty, and how kind and big-hearted of you to save her.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm not familiar with her story, but will look for it now!

what a pathetic little scrap she was, but how amazingly at home she looked in such a short space of time!

you were destined to be together and
for you and your husband for letting her see that the world can be a kind and loving place. you are all very lucky to have eachother, she's gorgeous!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww little baby Flowerbelle
You had a rough start but you found your way

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that is so wonderful to see how well Flowerbelle is doing!! She is more lovely then ever!!

Love the one of her in the toy box - that is so precious!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, look at that darling little girl.
She's really thrived under your loving care!