Who Is Waiting

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have noticed we have quite a few TCS members on waiting lists for pedigree kittens. I am curious who all is waiting for a kitten and what breed? Is this kitten a plan, conceived, or born yet? Are you waiting for a certain color or sex? Is this kitten going to be as a pet, for showing, or as a breeder?

I am waiting for a female Somali. I did not ask for a specific color but the breeder I am working with only does ruddy and red. This kitten is only in the plan stage. She will be for showing and breeding.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have another Ocicat on order for next spring. He's already named
Will be a show male neuter in cinnamon or cinnamon-silver
He'll be conceived in the fall - we are shooting to get him in March or April; March would be better so I could show in in 2 shows in April.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As someone who has no intentions of breeding or showing, I would feel too guilty getting a pedigree cat. All of mine are rescues, but I secretly want a male Aby or a male marbled Bengal. Maybe someday.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forest - you can check out the Retired Breeders - they are ex-show/breeding cats and are looking for pet homes. Most times they are a lot less then a show kitten as they are older.

Would you feel guilty that way?

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, sort of. I'm hoping my Devon Rex queen s pregnant and that she'll give me a female to my breeding program. Should be able to see the signs any day now.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Forest - you can check out the Retired Breeders - they are ex-show/breeding cats and are looking for pet homes. Most times they are a lot less then a show kitten as they are older.

Would you feel guilty that way?
I would feel less guilty, but I would think it'd be a little more difficult to find a retired stud, so I might have to look for a friendly female. Thanks for the idea. I hadn't really thought of that.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
theres thousnds of pedigree bengals around our area i really want one, but im waiting on getting 1 ginger kitten at the moment then thats our limit

marsch21

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm waiting for two female Ragdolls. A Blue-Cream Tortie Bicolor and a Blue Mitted. Both to be top show/breeder quality.

We are also anticipating the arrival of our new Red-Mitted Stud. He won't be a kitten though. He is about a year now and we are taking him in August.

moonandstarkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am waiting on a litter from my black female Rajjah and sr stud Armand who will be retiring end of this year, I am hoping for a nice warm brown tabby or solid black of stellar type -

I am also waiting on 2 males top show/breed quality (to be co owned) of a specific color and pedigree.
Waiting lists allow a breeder to guage how many homes are available for kittens and also screen potential individuals/families before kittens are born. When I screen before they are born, all I have to do is communicate with families and they decide. Its easier for them because they know once they begin waiting, they are getting a kitten (time not guaranteed) and I can just handle the placement itself and focus on raising kittens and taking pictures for the waiting families.
Daisy

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am on a waiting list for a Sphynx. The Breeder has some Kittens due in May but there some people ahead of me and we have to buy a House first. We might put a offer in on a House on Monday.

lucyfur007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We are planning on getting another russian blue for breeding next year (late in the year once we have money again) we already know where we want to get her from and will be hoping to meet the breeder at a show some time this year when we show Katya.

We are not on a waiting list as of yet but we are going to meet and greet hopefully before we commit.

ssmith0385

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am getting a Platinum Point Tonkinese. She is already born and I've already paid the deposit. I get to take her home mid-June.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm putting out feelers for a silver somali
but I'm just making enquiries at the moment. I've been getting in touch with a few breeders that I know to let them know I will be looking for one in the future, but I doubt it will be within the next 12 months. I'm very specific as I'm after a show quality male cat (to show as a neuter) but I also need to get a cat with a temperament that will fit in with Jaffa and Mosi (both dominant cats so newbie needs to be not too dominant but not a cat who will be easily bullied either). I guess the timing will depend a lot on when a suitable silver is available.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I"m jealous - I love the silvers. Wish US associations would recognize them. I hope you find a very nice one and post lots of pictures

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I"m jealous - I love the silvers. Wish US associations would recognize them. I hope you find a very nice one and post lots of pictures
Rest assured there will be lots of pics when I eventually get him!

Silvers seem to be becoming very popular over here, but that does mean the quality can be variable so it may take a while to get a really good quality silver.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me! Me! I'm waiting BIG time!

A red male Aby, God willing, to arrive in August...

My new female Ruddy is currently being shown...

And my new Ruddy male...well, I will still wait for him, he's worth waiting for!

When ALL of them have arrived I can FINALLY close my cattery!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been quietly waiting on something special and.....I'm still waiting

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am waiting on two Siamese kittens that I will get to bring home the second week of June. I too have already paid the deposit.

(technically, because of the registries in the US, one is Colorpoint Shorthair and one is Siamese. technicalities...)

They are in my sig.