I held her paw!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't stop crying, this is ridiculous!

I held Bea's paw tonight.
She didn't bite me, or yank away...nothing. I ever so gently took hold of her paw when she reached out to me.

I don't think I ever fully realized just how much I've invested in this cat, not just financially, but emtionally. She is the ultimate kitty for me...."special needs".

I have never ever, not once....in the 3 months of fostering her, been able to touch her paws, without her inflicting serious damage.

Something so simple, yet so amazing. Stupid really. It was just, the trust she has in me, despite all I've done to her. Life's been nothing but hard for her, yet she shows the utmost trust in me.

Sorry to go all "drama queen" on you guys. But dang, this really is one of those moments you never forget. (for lack of a better analogy, it's like the first kiss!)

I really truly do love this cat, no matter how rotten she is.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you like cats that would rather rip your fingers off rather than let you touch them, I have a beautiful dilute tortie/white girl here, you just say the word, and I will get her to you!

Seriously, though, congratulations! Those moments make it all worthwhile!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

If you like cats that would rather rip your fingers off rather than let you touch them, I have a beautiful dilute tortie/white girl here, you just say the word, and I will get her to you!

I was wondering why you were still trying to hold her paws after all the serious damage she's tried to inflict

Seriously though, I can absolutely imagine how you must be feeling right now, when an untrusting kitty trusts you, it is SUCH a special moment. I hope the trust continues to grow

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, it is wonderful when you make such a breakthrough with those kind of cats. When is she going to her new home?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, Nat - what a special moment for you! I'm so happy for you and Bea.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How wonderful

Now she'll go to her new home--how rewarding! You've given her a second chance!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so great that she trusts you enough to let you hold her paw!!

Even though Chynna loves to hold my hand/finger with her paw, it always makes me feel special that she lets me. I feel even more special when Abby lets me hold her's because Abby is one to want to be touched only on her terms.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is incredible! in such a short space of time too!

well done you. you should be so proud of yourself. bea must trust you so very much!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful Nat

Give that special girl a kiss for me
I was thinking about Bea the other day, when I found Mia's folder still in the box with the others. It made me sad, but then I started thinking about Bea and how lucky she is to have you.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww that is so sweet!
What a happy & special moment for both of you!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Normally I don't bother to try to touch her paws.....I understand that her paws hurt like that. I've bumped them a few times & gotten a nasty reminder. I don't blame her at all for being like that. But last night....she just kept holding her paw up & just looking at me. (I mostly used the opportunity to check her paw for an injury)

She hopefully goes home this week.

Thanks for the offer Kelly, but I'll pass on your lovely lady!
I think Bea is much better in comparison!