Wow, that was just sad

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Def Leppard just performed on the Ellen show.
And will be on Dancing with the Stars tonight, I hope for the sake of the 'Stars' viewers that DL will put on a better show than the one they did on Ellen.

Now I realise that rock bands do not sound the same when they age as they did during their heyday, but man, Joe Elliot can not sing anymore, and even doing backup vocals, not a one of them could hold a note, or decide on a key.

And poor Mister Elliot....tsk, tsk

I really love Def Leppard too.
I hope they have a really, really good recording engineer, as they are still pumping out albums with regularity.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband is a HUGE Def Lep fan, but I've never really been into them. After listening to their live recordings even from their heyday...um...Joe never sounded good live. Not to me anyway. I think it's more their energy onstage that made their shows good, because just listening to the recordings didn't do anything for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Awwww, maybe they are just too old to be rockin anymore
Possibly true, but still sad as they were all teens, early and late twenties in the 80s.

No, Joe could not sing well live, I never liked their live shows, but now, he can't sing at all.

butterflyy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I saw Def Lep perform with Journey in 2006. They sounded GREAT live actually. I watch Dancing with the Stars and was kind of excited to see them perform tonight, I hope they don't suck too bad and embarass themselves.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really hope Ellen's sound board mixer was just doing a bad job, I hate to see rock legends degenerate so.

Although, according to their own lyrics: It's better to burn out than to fade away.

You'll have to let me know how they sound tonight.

butterflyy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well Dancing with the Stars just finished, and I thought they did a great job live. Just my opinion of course

Kind of sad to see Shannon Elizabeth go instead of Marissa though.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Butterflyy

I saw Def Lep perform with Journey in 2006. They sounded GREAT live actually. I watch Dancing with the Stars and was kind of excited to see them perform tonight, I hope they don't suck too bad and embarass themselves.
DH and I saw them on the same tour, and they were awesome!! Of course, we were also half drunk before they came on stage
, but they were still awesome! LOL!

Live performaces on TV where they actaully playing/singing and not just going through the motions are always strange.

I don't think Def Lep would ever be able to embarrass themselves. They have a huge fan base and we're all going to love them. When my 6 yr old nephew knows every word to "Pour some sugar on me" that is scary!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Butterflyy

Well Dancing with the Stars just finished, and I thought they did a great job live. Just my opinion of course

Kind of sad to see Shannon Elizabeth go instead of Marissa though.
Ellen needs to fire her mixer then.
Glad they didn't suck on "Stars"

Granted, they were probably also still jet lagged when they played on Ellen.

butterflyy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

DH and I saw them on the same tour, and they were awesome!! Of course, we were also half drunk before they came on stage
, but they were still awesome! LOL!

Live performaces on TV where they actaully playing/singing and not just going through the motions are always strange.

I don't think Def Lep would ever be able to embarrass themselves. They have a huge fan base and we're all going to love them. When my 6 yr old nephew knows every word to "Pour some sugar on me" that is scary!
That tour was awesome, I couldn't believe how far traffic was backed up on the highway to get to the venue they were playing at...MILES and MILES. We were also trashed by the time Def Lep came on stage, and we had great seats, only like 10 rows back, front and center. But there were people of all ages there, tailgating in the parking lots beforehand. It was awesome lol.

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i was at DL concert sunday night and thought they put on a great show. joe's voice cracked on a couple songs but the whole band except vivian campbell are just getting over having the flu. they had boxes of kleenex on stage and they had cancelled a few shows up north

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You think that's bad, you should hear Roger Waters' voice these days!

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

You'll have to let me know how they sound tonight.
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Glad they didn't suck on "Stars"
I happened to see them on Stars last night. Can you say lip sync?! Even before they did a close-up shot of the Joe Elliot, I could tell it was not a live performance. The recorded version of the song was playing....no doubt about it. And Joe Elliot did not do such a good job at making it look like he was really singing the song. He was out of sync with the music.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, that's too bad.
I do still really like DL, but I think I'll stick with my collection of their older stuff.

And again, Mister Elliot? How can you not know your own song lyrics enough to lip sync them?

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tickets to see Def Leppard..they were supposed to have been here already but they "postponed it" because one of them was sick...
so..now i have to wait till mid august...