touch it dies

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i have this horrible thing that seems too stop me bonding with any of my cats dogs or other creatures......if i do they die!
well the cats and dogs i distance myself from because im too scared ill lose them... a few months ago my russian dwarf i got really attatche too and he suddenly died......
then there was rickys cat i bonded too ok he was old anyway, but he died, now TODAY my mouse roxanne died... i cant help but believe its because she got ill i started too bond whith her and try too make her better she seemed ok the last 2 days and today she died out of the blue.....
im heartbroke and terrified too love my babies

help i feel soo Crap!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Losing them is very hard, and they sadly don't live as long as we'd like them to...

But focus on the love they can give you in return, how your love for them makes their short lives that much better. Yes, it will hurt to lose them, but won't it hurt more knowing you didn't give them your whole heart?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
im just greatfull it wasnt one of the others...
it winds me up greatly that i started too bond with roxy and she was fine when i put her in the cage.. i check again on the babies in there and she was gone!
why does this happen too me?
surely i dont deserve this?

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel, it is so hard to lose them.
thankyou!
i think its still sinking in cuz i keep looking in the cage waiting too see her big ears pop up and beautifull black eyes peering at me!
ok im crying i want her back!

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Loving & loss are a part of what makes us human, it is a part of living a full life & part of what we learn as we live through the good and the bad. To love another living being does take courage sometimes because it does often end in pain, but don't let yourself lose out on the wonderful memories in between.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ShopCat

Loving & loss are a part of what makes us human, it is a part of living a full life & part of what we learn as we live through the good and the bad. To love another living being does take courage sometimes because it does often end in pain, but don't let yourself lose out on the wonderful memories in between.
thankyou soo much

thank all of your kind words!
ill be worse when i wake up becuase i know that i wont remember ill check on her and just break down i know it!

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Awww, I'm sorry you lost Roxy. Big
for you.
thankyou!

rix even gave her the kis of life, i dont think its set in with him yet because he hasnt vented in anyway at all!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww hunni!
don't blame yourself, that'll just make you feel even more like crap! i've alway's been told, that thing's happen for a reason...

...it might of happened, & you'll never no why! your a great person! little Roxy is in heaven now, & she'll never forget what a great life she shared with you!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. Don't blame yourself. I completely understand how you feel. I felt this way about my Princess and then I lost her so I got Marbles and I got close to him and then he died. It took me about 5 months to allow myself to get close to Jazz. I have that same fear that he will die because I am close to him.
I know it is easier said than done but these animals are so much more than pets to us and they deserve our love. I have to keep reminding myself of that, even if it is the cost of my heartache if they pass.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it may seem like it has something to do with you, but I'm sure it's just coincidence. Nothing you did caused them to die, it was just thier time. It would have happened whether you were bonded with them or not. I'm sorry for your loss. But please don't let it interfer with the relationships of your other pets.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. We just lost our niece in a horrible car accident last week. We found out at her funeral yesterday that her one son (2 yrs old) who was still in critical condition from the accident has died. That leaves a little 9 yr old without his brother and mother!

Its better to love our family, pets even tho some day they will not be with us. It would be good if we all lived a long time, but that's not the way it is. I STILL miss my first cat from time to time - he died in early 80's. We miss our rex, Spooky, who died of a heart attack in his sleep at age 15 1/2.

That doesn't stop us from giving love to the other pets we have the pleasure of knowing - whether its a few months or many years. You are NOT a jinx. But you really might consider talking to a doctor about your fears so it will help you cope with losses in the future and you can give love to animals.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
here is the only place i can mourn nobody else understands that animals have a soul and ove theire attention....
ive only just begun acepting jess my border collie dad gave away is gone then little roxy... but the wierdest thing is i had her out not 10 mins before i found her dead..... was that her holding on too say bybye?
we dont have a garden so we had too just throw her away

but rix said something last night that made sense.... when somethings born something dies..... true.... (babies born.... roxy passed)

i dunno im a mess and i feel stupid because she was a mouse!
Rip Baby!