How well do you type?

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't usually do the online game stuff, but this one was interesting.

Heads up: it's very annoying how it scrolls through the words but you'll pick it up. I got 67 wpm and to be honest was pretty happy. Keep in mind, this does not allow errors. you must back up and fix them or i'm sure everyone's score would be much higher.

http://play.typeracer.com/

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried it a few times, my first one was 67, and after 2 more rounds, I was up to 90

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried that game but John recently took a typing course and it had a similar program that I practiced on. I was up to about 95 wpm as my highest.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, my boyfriend just told me about this game several days ago, and so I started playing, and it was fun!
It said my average was only like 46 wpm, but I won a few games and it said it was something like, 65 wpm in those games.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd be much faster if Molly would stop head-butting me & walking across the keyboard!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
47 words per minute, lol. Oh well, I didn't get to finish typing class in highschool, so I'm impressed
. Oh wait, now I'm up to 55

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beck4582

I can't make it work.
Me neither. It says "wait for the green light" and then sits there doing nothing.

I used to type at about 120 wpm, and the last time I took a test it was 70 something. Not sure what it is now. Probably pretty close to that, maybe even a bit better because I type quite a bit.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
after a few practices, i got up to 63 wpm. some of the quotes are easier than others, IMO...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
see, i tried again, different selection, & got this result: Net Speed: 57 WPM
(words/minute) Accuracy: 100% Gross Speed: 57 WPM
(words/minute)