My 5 Potential Fosters Have Been Killed :(

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.....I am in shock - too stunned to cry.....
In a nearby town, a local woman does her own feral rescue & TNR. She is moving, however, and when she caught 5 kittens on Saturday, called me on my cell phone & left a message. The message didn't alert until that evening. By 3pm, knowing the shelter closes at 3:30, the woman panicked, thinking that since I didn't call back, I'd backed out of the deal by not calling (Wrong- I would always call, one way or the other - it's cruel to leave people wondering) The kittens were 5-1/2-6 wks. old and eating canned food, lapping KMR & nibbling crunchies. But the shelter manager, who doesn't care for cats, said that since the kittens weren't brought in with their mother, they had to be put down.
Godspeed over RB, Little Ones, when you went to the feeding station & were scooped up, the intention was for you to come to me, to a warm home, with good food & lots of love, to have toys & attention........................
There were 3 girls and 2 boys:
the boys - 1 black sh & 1 bright orange, fluffy Perisan mix
the girls - 2 black & 1 brown tortie

I left a message for the shelter to call me & let me know whether or not the kittens were destroyed or could I come adopt them out & foster them myself. They have not called back - THE COWARDS
I am sure in the PTS report, they will lie and say that the kittens were only a couple of weeks old because the shelter manager tried arguing that to the relinquishing party although the RP has tracked each litter on her calendar (marks the day that the PG mom returns to the feeding station after giving birth).
The RP also reported that the mama-kitty was distraught - calling & calling for her babies. I was reminded of the part in the New Testament "There was loud wailing and lamenting in Ramah. It was Rachel, crying for her children, who were no more"

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is difficult to imagine a shelter mgr that does not like cats.

The suffering that happens because people don't spay & neuter their cats is just sickening.
That poor grieving Mama kitty.

Rest in peace sweet babies.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i agree. why anyone would condone the senseless killing of innocent animals by not spaying/neutering is beyond me too.

the distress and confusion that poor mother cat is feeling right now could all have been so easily avoided.

i really lose faith in my fellow humans the more i hear about this kind of thing and other acts of cruelty that take place every second of the day.

play happily sweet angels.
look over your mummy until you can be reunited.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

The suffering that happens because people don't spay & neuter their cats is just sickening.
That poor grieving Mama kitty.

Rest in peace sweet babies.
The mama kitty is a 3rd generation feral that has evaded TNR for 3 years now. Poor thing- she just didn't realize that it would be beneficial to have been caught
Now, her only chance at TNR will be leaving and she'll be left to keep on kittening.
Also, another blow --- the office next door has a home for 2 tom kittens. He is my former neighbor and really likes the way my cats are socialized so wanted one from me. Additionally, the shelter gave him such a hard time for wanting kittens and not adopting an adult cat, he walked off. the shelter refused to find out that he and his wife unexpectedly lost their 2nd cat to illness and their senior citizen cat is slowing down, so the best fit for them is 2 kittens to play together, who hopefully will outlast their present girl.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

if you ask me, the mgr needs to be replaced - how can you run a shelter if you're not an animal lover - of ALL animals?

for you &
for the 5 little ones that uncaring
mgr had PTS! for poor Mama cat!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP wee ones........ there is only one good thing about this.....at least those sweet kittens will never know abuse, neglect and hunger in their lives......but still... *sigh*

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!!!!
The poor babies!!! How can anyone so heartless be allowed to run a shelter!

RIP sweet babies

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your replies - I like to think that those little babies will somehow know that there are those of us here on Earth that mourn their short lives cut so soon

I am still haunted by the thought of them coming out to the feeding station and getting caught. And by the happiness in the woman's voice in her message, joyfully announcing that she'd caught all 5 and they had settled right down....OMG, such a senseless tragedy

rebochan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

If this manager doesn't like animals she's in the wrong job
You'd be surprised how many people are like that at kill shelters. Our county's shelter had cat haters running it for years. When the new management took over, they discovered that while they had perfect record keeping on all the dogs they'd taken in, they had never bothered to keep track of all the cats they put down.

Please get the word out about this shelter - there needs to be a change of management and people need to know that their animals are not safe there until there is.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I´m speechless my friend for that Cruelty...

I´m so sorry my friend, my seriously deep condolences....

RIP to those poor souls....
...I´m so sure they are in heaven right now...

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cat_lady

getting cats put down for no reason or just because you were not there is just sickening
i'm so sorry for those poor cats

if you want to talk PM me.
Thank you for your offer - just to let you know, when I clik on your name, I don't get a "PM" option

Anyways, I have talked to other people who have the same opinion of that shelter mgr. But right now, it is such a small comfort when I go to the Fur Pictures Only and see the pix of kittens who were about the same age as my RB kittens - such a waste

cat_lady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Thank you for your offer - just to let you know, when I clik on your name, I don't get a "PM" option

Anyways, I have talked to other people who have the same opinion of that shelter mgr. But right now, it is such a small comfort when I go to the Fur Pictures Only and see the pix of kittens who were about the same age as my RB kittens - such a waste
yes i know. apparently i'm a minor so until my b-day i'm can't pm.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

if you ask me, the mgr needs to be replaced - how can you run a shelter if you're not an animal lover - of ALL animals?

for you &
for the 5 little ones that uncaring
mgr had PTS! for poor Mama cat!