All I want for my Birthday is a black cat

angelboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is that so hard, tomorrow I turn 38, we own our home, thu rent the land. Have four spoiled rotten cats and a small chihuahua who thinks he's a cat. LOL Everyone has their own cat tree,sleeping beds {2} each and all they're shots and wormings. All neutered or spayed. TONS of CAT TOYS {almost more then our kids. LOL

I love the look of sleek black cats, all my guys are tortie {tailless} or grey tabbies,and one heavy cream baby. Its a simple request I make every year. And every year I get shot down. In my area,unforunatly black dogs and black cats are put down alot as unadoptable as this area is very much old school anything black is evil. Welcome to 2008. If your Wiccan here hide it they will burn a cross in your yard. {Wished I was joking but I'm not}

Why won't my husband listen. LOL if he doesn't tomorrow night Im getting twin black kittens Heck with him. LOL AngelBoots

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sitting here crying and feel stupid about it. I quess it's medapause.{forgive spelling errors please} AngelBoots feel bad enough I called the local shelter here and they told me they don't keep the blacks they put them down as theynot adoptable. makes me bawl even more.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's appalling. I can hardly believe that kind of idiotic superstition is alive in the United States in the 21st century. One just despairs.

If you get your black kitten, hon, just be sure you never, never let him outdoors. And you might make sure you have an enlightened vet nearby, too.

Or maybe just move someplace where people are less backward!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a bunch of
I can't believe the naivety of people this day... to make a bold point... should all black people be killed as evil too?! What the
?! Sorry, I hope you can rescue a black kitty. Maybe you could call the shelter back and ask them to call you the next time they take in a black cat (or two)?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's just awful!

Black cats are the best
Maybe you can tell them you want one, and to call you as soon as the next one comes in? I can't believe they just kill them on the spot

I wish you could come to Richmond. We have wonderful black cats in our rescue.

angelboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
in the back waters of a place called Bluefield,where publicly racism doesn't happen. But try to rent here if your a mixed couple. or Heavens forbid a gay couple. it doesnt happen. Im here because my husband has family here and they needed help. So we're here for four years and then back to DC I go. YAY Does your rescue do transport? if so Im willing to adopt.

as for my local shelter my name is on the list already for any black cats that come in, plus alredy paid the adopt fee towards two standing. I hate that they do that. theres no need.

None of my cats except Spazz the reformed sort of Tom goes out, Hes almost impossible to keep in. If you try to keep him in, once hes out he'llleave for days. But if you let him out when he wants,he'll come back in an hour or so. AngelBoots

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I sure hope you get your birthday wish. You'r going to make someblack kitty very happy!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love black kitties! We had a black longhaired cat years ago, but he's not around anymore.
He was a neighborhood stray that picked our house to stay at.

Hope you get your black cat this year!

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love my black kitty. She is so special!! I can't believe that what they are doing is legal. You should call the state government and ask about that. I know about local jurisdiction or whatever, but that seems a little ridiculous!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had 2 black kitties. And I loved them to bits.

Gem was a long hair. Her colouring was more along the lines of AngelGirl's Riley. Black with reddish tint in the sunshine.

Toby was a long hair. Jet black with the odd white hair (she was 12 years old).

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, how horrendous! I really hope you do get a black kitty..not only for yourself, but it seems you would be saving that little ones life

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Black kitties are so beautiful! We have several at our shelter and they seem to be the most affectionate of the bunch too.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to let you know, Callie started having her kittens a while ago, and if you're still looking/possibly interested, she had a solid black one. KS is a ways from where you are, but I thought I'd mention it. It'll be a while before they can go home with people, but let me know if you're interested.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why won't my husband listen. LOL if he doesn't tomorrow night Im getting twin black kittens Heck with him.
I have twin black kittens that Salem just had from her litter. Would you like to have them?

I agree: black cats are cool!
I've had more black cats than any other kind, and they've always seemed to be the most loving.
That black cat myth is just ridiculous!!

BTW, happy birthday!

~KK~

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where in WV are you? I have a solid black male who is now 4 weeks old...ready for adoption on June 5

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

Where in WV are you? I have a solid black male who is now 4 weeks old...ready for adoption on June 5
Wouldn't that be great if you could work something out?

We don't do transport, but I'm sure a wonderful black kitty will come into the shelter soon and what a lucky little guy he will be, knowing that you are waiting for him

angelboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I have twin black kittens that Salem just had from her litter. Would you like to have them?

I agree: black cats are cool!
I've had more black cats than any other kind, and they've always seemed to be the most loving.
That black cat myth is just ridiculous!!

BTW, happy birthday!

~KK~
Your all making me feel real good, I had my math final today and Mrs Evans the Math Prof. {more Mom then Prof} had a big talk with me and told me that she's got 10 kitties and she'll keep an eye out too. {I"m opne to more if it saves them from a horrible death.} AngelBoots