monkey (the ferret) starts to trust..

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, ever since i got monkey he has been a love and gave kisses right from the start. the only areas i needed to gain his trust in (i suspect from the FOUR previous owners before him) was 1) me playing with him like a ferret..seemed foreign to him for an anti-furry thing to wanna play that way 2) walking by and picking him up..he'd freeze and look worried like he was in trouble and was gonna get "punished". everything else aside, he was pretty issue free.
so this weekend, for some reason, he seemed to let both things go..after six weeks of being home, he finally realized i wasn't gonna be like "the others". he even let me hold him in my arms and pet him for long lengths of time.
well, i think his confidence is up cuz he seems to have realized no matter how "naughty" he is mommy's not gonna do anything mean or painful and the worst that could happen is that i scruff him. well...
tonight i was enjoying my melty peanut butter on toast sandwich in front of the tv and all of a sudden i see a flash of fur and monkey is sitting on my lap all of a sudden with an angelic look. i smile and go to give him a little stroke on the face and with lightning quickness he has taken a bite of my sandwich and made a flying leap off the chair onto the wood floor and scurried away. all the while, two seconds have passed and my hand is still up in the air and i am looking dumbfounded as my brain processes what just happened...
oh, this will not be a habit..i did NOT buy those low carb foods for nothin! LOL...BUT, i had to giggle at somebody coming out of their shell enough to show me his true peanut butter sandwich stealing colors....
thanx for reading :p

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, i am glad to hear he is starting to trust.
hehe mine used to steal chips, and pork rinds.

i used to love watching mine play with the cat. heh.
you know you stories are making me want to go get one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

you know you stories are making me want to go get one.

put it this way, i wake up in a horrible mood with a migraine and then i let the ferrets out..they roll around, giggle, and attack the dog and before i know it i'm laughing and smiling

hypancistrus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tink80

put it this way, i wake up in a horrible mood with a migraine and then i let the ferrets out..they roll around, giggle, and attack the dog and before i know it i'm laughing and smiling
I think this is the thing I love the most about sharing my home with so many varied animals... there's never a dull moment. I had a crap day today and yet my new cat just made me smile by savoring a crunchy treat I offered him... my dog chasing a tennis ball makes me laugh... the birds talk to me... I lay in bed at night watching my fish before I fall asleep.... I just can't stay irritated or upset here, and that to me is worth all the allergy meds, electricity, food and vet bills in the entire world.