UGH, I really hate..

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ticks! And it seems it's that time again..

So I'm sitting here on my bed, along with Lu, Sassy, and Roxie all spread around on the bed with me, and I'm sitting here looking at some stuff online, and Roxie sits up and shakes really fast like after she has a bath. When she was shaking, I saw something fly off of her and it landed on my keyboard, so I look closer, and I see a tick crawling on my MacBook!

I don't know about anyone else, but I am terrified of picking them up, so I flicked it onto the blanket Roxie was laying on, pulled the whole thing out from under her, drug it into the bathroom and flushed the stupid tick down the toilet. Ugh. I HATE TICKS!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uggg, grosssssss!!! I hate ticks too. I had one on me when I was a kid and yuuuck, theyre worse than spiders. Time to get some frontline or a tick collar or something, blech.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heeh they are really fun when they are in your hair.
and your sitting there with your grandmother, picking them out.
oh well that is what i used to get for being in the woods

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always keep tweezers and a lighter close when I'm outside with the dogs, and when I see one on one of them, I'll pull them off with the tweezers and hold them over the lighter.. and it drives me off the wall when my mom is like "That's mean, blah blah.." I'm like, "It's a tick! Gross!"

I'm all paranoid now that there's more and I just don't see them yet. I checked Roxie for more quick after I got rid of that other one, but didn't see any.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ I used to play outside as a kid and had to check for ticks. Ruins any fun one might have out of playing in the woods (or hiking/herp hunting now).

If your cats are indoor/outdoor, I'm not sure what to really tell you to help. But spraying your yard will help keep them away from the immediate area around and in your house. You definately don't want the risk of lyme disease or any other bacteria that ticks commonly carry -for you or your cats. Treat any animals with drops to help keep ticks and fleas off them.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

If your cats are indoor/outdoor, I'm not sure what to really tell you to help. But spraying your yard will help keep them away from the immediate area around and in your house. You definately don't want the risk of lyme disease or any other bacteria that ticks commonly carry -for you or your cats. Treat any animals with drops to help keep ticks and fleas off them.
Three of our cats are indoor/outdoor, but I can only remember one time when we found a tick on the cats.. it was attached to the side of Clover's mouth..
Roxie isn't a cat, she's my pomeranian.
We always get stuff to help keep ticks off of all the animals, but every now and then we'll still catch one or two crawling on one of the dogs.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ewww now im all itchy!

glad ya got the bugger!
OMG i do that too ticks and tings that could be ticks or things that crwl on the dogs!!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After I got in bed last night, I kept feeling like I had one crawling on me in different places, so I kept sitting up and making sure there wasn't..

Before I let the dogs in the house, I'm going to sit each one down outside and check for any so they don't bring them in.. and if there are, they can say hello to the lighter.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

After I got in bed last night, I kept feeling like I had one crawling on me in different places, so I kept sitting up and making sure there wasn't..

Before I let the dogs in the house, I'm going to sit each one down outside and check for any so they don't bring them in.. and if there are, they can say hello to the lighter.
haha!

im a bit like that at the moment but its mites on the mice im paraniod that there on me and i cant see them

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixietina

haha!

im a bit like that at the moment but its mites on the mice im paraniod that there on me and i cant see them
I always find it somewhat entertaining, using the lighter on ticks.. is that weird? I hate them things!

I know what you mean, when we start seeing fleas on some of the animals, we start getting the flea collars and other things out.. and then I'm all paranoid and think I can feel them jumping on me..

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

I always find it somewhat entertaining, using the lighter on ticks.. is that weird? I hate them things!

I know what you mean, when we start seeing fleas on some of the animals, we start getting the flea collars and other things out.. and then I'm all paranoid and think I can feel them jumping on me..
no but i may be sadistic i enjoy it when people fal over i have too laugh!

ive got the mite stuff for the mice, but im still paranoid!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixietina

no but i may be sadistic i enjoy it when people fal over i have too laugh!

ive got the mite stuff for the mice, but im still paranoid!
I don't like just tossing them back outside like some people do.. they'll just come back!
Plus, I think it's kind of funny when they make that little popping sound when you kill them with fire.

As for people falling down, I always laugh too.. but one time I did, and I turned around and fell flat on my face..

I'm always paranoid, even when we have stuff to kill fleas and ticks.. I'm most paranoid when it comes to ticks..

wishiwas

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ugh ticks. It looks like we're going to have a really bad year for ticks around here. I've already had to pull quite a few off of the dogs that come in for baths. I just wish there was something more reliable to keep them OFF! One Golden that had a bunch of ticks on her was treated with Frontline Plus every month. I'd hate to see how many more ticks she would have had without, we pulled off like 30! It makes me hesitate to keep going down to the park with my dog. Ticks just creep me out.