*****KatKwiz! - April 28 - Big KatKwery winner!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KatKwery: The thing that makes it so unique is that if the points get high enough, you could go from nowhere to 1st place over night! Well, Marianjela was not nowhere, but thanks to a 2,800 point win for using remember, she has moved into first place. The other words, but not picked by Alley were: accurate, thought, chance, and hours. Congratulations, Marianjela!

If your cat weighed ten pounds and had a brain that weighed 8 ounces, then that cat's brain would weigh 5% of its body weight. If that same cat's owner weighed 200 pounds and had a brain that weighed 30 pounds, then the human's ratio would be 15%, or 3 times that of a cat.

Replace all the red letters and numbers with realistic and scientific info, but do NOT tell where you found the info.

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

KatKwery: The thing that makes it so unique is that if the points get high enough, you could go from nowhere to 1st place over night! Well, Marianjela was not nowhere, but thanks to a 2,800 point win for using remember, she has moved into first place. The other words, but not picked by Alley were: accurate, thought, chance, and hours. Congratulations, Marianjela!

If your cat weighed ten pounds and had a brain that weighed 8 ounces, then that cat's brain would weigh 5% of its body weight. If that same cat's owner weighed 200 pounds and had a brain that weighed 30 pounds, then the human's ratio would be 15%, or 3 times that of a cat.

Replace all the red letters and numbers with realistic and scientific info, but do NOT tell where you found the info.
What red letters? It's not coming up with any red letters for me!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If your cat weighed ten pounds and had a brain that weighed 1.6 ounces, then that cat's brain would weigh 1% of its body weight. If that same cat's owner weighed 200 pounds and had a brain that weighed 4 pounds, then the human's ratio would be 2%, or 40 times that of a cat.

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Heck! I am horrible with numbers but I think question is really neat!

rescuecatsrule : I see the read letters fine, maybe there's a tech glitch at your side?

Going Nova : Good job if it's right coz I have no way of figuring it out myself. LOL!

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tutti_bella

rescuecatsrule : I see the read letters fine, maybe there's a tech glitch at your side?
Possibly... it's coming up with the question fine, but it's all black, so I didn't know what numbers persi and alley was referring to.

Sorry for being a dopey brain...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule

Possibly... it's coming up with the question fine, but it's all black, so I didn't know what numbers persi and alley was referring to.

Sorry for being a dopey brain...
We actually do not have a correct answer to the ratio yet. If you cannot see the red, it could be the skins you have selected or it could be the browser you are using so I will paste the question again below with the red letters bigger.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

We actually do not have a correct answer to the ratio yet. If you cannot see the red, it could be the skins you have selected or it could be the browser you are using so I will paste the question again below with the red letters bigger.
or else you're a Klingon

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am wondering if you all are getting your information the same place I am getting mine. I got mine by clicking on Cat Snips for starters.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your cat weighed ten pounds and had a brain that weighed 0.1 ounces, then that cat's brain would weigh 1% of its body weight. If that same cat's owner weighed 200 pounds and had a brain that weighed 4 pounds, then the human's ratio would be 2%, or 40 times that of a cat.
OK, my answer is probably totally wrong because I stink at math.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...A catâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s brain weighs 1% of the catâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s total weight. Our brain weighs 2% of our overall weight...

it is under Stupid Cat in Cat Snips

If your cat weighed 10 pounds and had a brain that weighed 1.6 ounces, then that cat's brain would weigh 1% of its body weight. If that same cat's owner weighed 200 pounds and had a brain that weighed 4 pounds, then the human's ratio would be 2%, or 40 times that of a cat.

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
-edit- i am so wrong and i give up ... :p
Oh well ... just trying, my maths sucks too ... LOL!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Woo Hoo!!!! Well that was exciting to log on to!!!

Thanks Lee (and Persi and Alley
)! and to think, I almost didnt reply yesterday because I thought I was too late.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Looking at the question, the last sentence would have to read: or 3 times that of a cat, not 40 times that of a cat.

KatKwery:
Some people still use this ratio as a fast gauge of intelligence, do you give it any creedence? Are you twice as smart as a cat or forty times as a cat? Most scientists have a chart that shows relavent intelligence, primates, including humans filled the top ten and the pig came in 11th. Do you agree with this chart? The elephant is #12, do you agree?

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Some people still use this ratio as a fast gauge of intelligence, do you give it any creedence? Are you twice as smart as a cat or forty times as a cat? Most scientists have a chart that shows relavent intelligence, primates, including humans filled the top ten and the pig came in 11th. Do you agree with this chart? The elephant is #12, do you agree?
It's all relative. I might not be able to hunt or stalk a mouse, but they cant do arithmetic!
A lot of this makes you consider evolution and is it our brain that makes us superior, or our opposable thumbs?! If cats had opposable thumbs 2000 years ago, maybe they would be sitting at the computer gawking at us today instead

The behavior of animals is actually pretty brilliant considering their capabilities! I would love to lie around all day with someone attending to my every whim! No instead we go out and bust our humps to put food on not only our table but theirs too. Contemplating that - Now who's dumb???

Who ya calling stupid, stupid!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Looking at the question, the last sentence would have to read: or 3 times that of a cat, not 40 times that of a cat.

KatKwery:
I dont buy it... I think even though a cats brain may not be that large in comparison to a humans brain, they are really inteligant! Im pretty sure that cats know a little bit more than they are saying! I think the pig could make 11th... they are pretty smart! The elephant you would think would have some massive brain and I do believe that they are pretty smart, I dont know exactly how smart they are exactly, but they have to be smart because their brains are huge! Considering humans only use some 1/3 of their brains I think that other animals may use more of their brains and just not have some of the extra pieces to it that we have! The scenses are different for every animal so that could have a role in the difference of brain size and inteligence.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well at this point I think my cats may be smarter than me because Im still confused by the kwiz. I've never really thought of animals inteligence based on the size of their brain. As for pigs being #11, it was Charlotte that saved Wilburs bacon. Elephants do seem smart but I dont know, horses can be trained to do all sorts of stuff too. Ok, my kwiz answer today was lame

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt I'm 40 times as smart as my cat! As Marian said, who's laying in bed eating bon-bons all day and who's working? After reading Animal Farm, I do understand that pigs are extremely intelligent; however, I would have thought that dolphins would be smarter than elephants. I wonder where the dolphin came in....