New Kitty!

hunnysuckle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got me a kitty yesterday I named her faith! she is so cute! although she loves to scratch and bite me at night when I'm sleeping! Any ideas to get her to stop doing that?

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. Put her in another room at night until she gets older. I learned this the hard way when I woke up to find 2 kittens playing in my hair.

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats.

How old is she?
I second that idea about putting her in another room during the night.
I still do that with mine (they are 4 months old) because they are constantly getting into trouble and that is not good if I am sleeping and can't watch them!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties have to go outside at night, mainly because they wreck the house after so many hours. The only time they stay in is during the winter months.

I will agree to putting her into another room at night until she is a bit older.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hunnysuckle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 709Juggalette

Congrats.

How old is she?
I second that idea about putting her in another room during the night.
I still do that with mine (they are 4 months old) because they are constantly getting into trouble and that is not good if I am sleeping and can't watch them!
Thanks, She is almost 3 mths old. She was born on Feb. 13th
She is being a little notty kitty and not going in her litter box. I think it may have been the litter though I bought something called Feline Fresh it was pine litter or something but I went to walmart tonight and got some scoop away so hopefully she will take to that better. We shall see though.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
she's beautiful!
you might want to pick up some Cat Attract litter or additive for her box - it works wonders! they have it at my local Petsmart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hunnysuckle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

she's beautiful!
you might want to pick up some Cat Attract litter or additive for her box - it works wonders! they have it at my local Petsmart.
Well I changed her litter and about 20 minutes ago she went pee in it when i put her in there. So I comensed her for it and gave her a treat so hopefully after while she will learn to use it.

wendyr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She will pick it up amazingly quick! Make sure you clean any area where she peed outside the box REALLY well with an enzymatic cleaner (ask at your pet store - they will point you in the right direction!). Otherwise, she will view her old spots as alternate toilets! A lot of people on here also advise getting a little blacklight - it will show up the areas where she peed that you didn't expect (and believe me, there will be some...).

I also agree with the keeping her in another room at night! We have three kittens who we took in when they were about 5 months old and they drove us crazy when we let them stay in our room. We discovered we were really grumpy and sleeping poorly, so we just closed the bedroom door and allow them to have run of the rest of the house - and have had no problems since then (we also need to do this so we can open our bedroom window - the husband has slight allergies and this helps). Leave out lots of toys for her and comfy sleeping spots and she will keep herself occupied until morning.

She is a lovely little cat! You are both very lucky.

danits_24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First of all, congratulations for your new kitten... and for your question:
You can do a few things about your biting kitten:

1. Train your kitten not to bite, just let her know your body is not a toy.
2. Play with your kitten
3. Buy her toys so she can amuse herself.