Cat doesn't jump normal, he leaps

lilleypadgifts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anyone know of this is a breed specific sorta thing?
Cody is quite large and since he was a kitten he had feet the size of a German Shepard puppy...the type that you KNOW is going to be HUGE when full grown. He's 2 now roughly 20+ lbs. We are a multi-cat home and I have others from his litter, but he seems to be the only one that leaps UP and then jumps forward when he jumps... its sort a like he bounces up then down and forward. Reminds me of a commercial for a video back when animals in the wild videos were being advertised all the time... the fox in the snow, leaps UP and then down on the hole where the rabbit was... something to that effect. I don't know if its his size and he needs to get that back end up to make his final jump or what? We noticed it but never really discussed it until the other night when unknown to me, he decided to jump from the window seat to my abdomen. Pain was horrible and had complication for a week afterwards! But of course, just like they normally do after hurting the ones that love them... he walked off as if nothing happened.
Anyways, this got us wondering if that is a specific breed trait. Any ideas?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might be his size. I've seen some cats do a sort up and down "pre" jump to help measure the distance.

I'd like to see a picture of this guy

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 3 all jump like that quite a lot, usually when they are trying to splat each other, or really excited about a toy
Mine are Orientals and a Cornish Rex cross.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilleypadgifts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can I post pics to this thread? or do you guys handle pics a different way?
I'm a newbie and don't want to break any rules

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can post it in this thread, I'd like to see him too

lilleypadgifts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you Thank you! What was I doing wrong? I'm usually pretty good with code.

That's my Cody on a shelf rail around my bedroom wall. He was born to a feral in my attic, he's the kitten behind the other gray & white with BIG eyes, that's Zac (yes, Zach and Cody
). Jessie is the only girl she's all black and then there's Toby he's the black and white. They 3 boys are ALL quite large and all but Cody has a white tip that looks like a fishing lure on the ends of their tails.
My friends want me to get them into modeling ... I need to get them to bring in some money some how to keep these guys fed! LOL!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleyPadGifts

Thank you Thank you! What was I doing wrong? I'm usually pretty good with code.
i don't know... i looked @ the pix by copying & pasting the url in a new browser window. then i uploaded them to my photobucket account & pasted the code that begins w/ the

lilleypadgifts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you use the same code that I show in the post?

oh wait... maybe its [ instead of <

let me try Toby....

WOO HOO I got it!!! its different tags then I'm used to using on the eBay boards....but cool, I learned something new :-D

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Did you use the same code that I show in the post?

oh wait... maybe its [ instead of <

let me try Toby....
http://www.nothingbutromance.com/auctionimages/Toby062707b.jpg[/URL]]

Nope ... maybe its because I'm not a paying member ?
[/quote][font=Trebuchet MS][size=3]no, that has nothing to do with it... what image hosting service are you using?

ETA: hey, i see the pic, now! [img]https://statich.thecatsite.com/images/smilies/clap.gif[/size][/font]

lilleypadgifts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
the only reason why i wondered about a free account vs a membership is because when I tried to click on the image icon above this writing area, it takes me to a new popup window that says Click To Join...it doesn't put in the codes or anything, just the Join window. Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting them manually then.
Guess someone will let me know if I am... please

Thanks!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

the only reason why i wondered about a free account vs a membership is because when I tried to click on the image icon above this writing area, it takes me to a new popup window that says Click To Join...it doesn't put in the codes or anything, just the Join window. Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting them manually then.
Guess someone will let me know if I am... please

Thanks!
i think maybe that's for attachments... & there's a limit on those, even for paid subscribers.
posting manually, from a remote image hosting service, is just fine.

lilleypadgifts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Great! Then I could post pics til Christmas and still not show all of the pics I'm taken of my "kids" LOL... don't worry, I won't.. just saying I could.

Have you ever had a cat that took "eerie" pics?
I sell books and collectibles on eBay and over venues and a group of comic book collector friends think my Wolfie (He was a baby werewolf from the first time I saw him as a kitten) would make a great comic book hero or villian.
He is a BEAUTIFUL cat in person, but pics of him look down right scarey!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Great! Then I could post pics til Christmas and still not show all of the pics I'm taken of my "kids" LOL... don't worry, I won't.. just saying I could.

Have you ever had a cat that took "eerie" pics?
oh, yeah - got a couple of my boy, Chip that are eerie...

lilleypadgifts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
LOL... this is Wolfie as a baby

that poor baby was always going to be a bit different from the rest of his family. He's just as large now, but still has that wild look to him at times.