*****KatKwiz! - April 27 - KatKwery = 2,800!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KatKwery: Yesterday's secret word was favorite(s). Which is what I have always been using for boomarks. Words not selected were easy, paper, mine, and mad. The points are really getting up there; 2,800 for using the word today.

I have been wondering if I have been posting KatKwiz in the right forum. Paste the link here ________________ that answers that question for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tutti_bella

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...95&postcount=1

Hopefully it's the right one.
A couple of you got the right answer with different links, But you were first!

Congratulations!

Remember, KatKwery is going to pay over 100,000 points, so a good time to start stockpiling points is now!. If there is a tie during the playoffs, the top seeded player wins every thing so start thnking of position, position, position!

KatKwery: (2800 POINTS)
Do you think the descriptions of the various forums tell you where to post 100% of the time? Have you ever had one of your messages moved by one of the moderator team? Have you ever posted the same post in two or more forums to "make sure" everybody gets to see it? Does it make you mad when you see an obvious question such as long hair grooming in the Cat Lounge? How much total time do you think the moderators spend moving posts in to the correct forum?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had my posts moved a few times. Never posted the same thing in different forums though. I don't get mad when someone obviously posts something in the wrong forum. I just think it's strange.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had my post moved a time or two. It doesn't make me mad when other people post in the wrong forum. I know the moderators will move it when the they have the time.

I have never posted the same post in several different forums. It is a waste of my time and the moderators' time to have to either delete one of the posts or to combine posts about the same topic. I have seen that a time or two also.

From what I have seen, it must take the moderators a lot of time to move the post to the correct forum. I would not like the job to read each and every post to see if it is posted correctly.

I applaud the moderators for the terrific job they are doing!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Do you think the descriptions of the various forums tell you where to post 100% of the time? Have you ever had one of your messages moved by one of the moderator team? Have you ever posted the same post in two or more forums to "make sure" everybody gets to see it? Does it make you mad when you see an obvious question such as long hair grooming in the Cat Lounge? How much total time do you think the moderators spend moving posts in to the correct forum?
For the most part I agree with why and how they have it worded like they do, and I think its about 90% effective in posting your thread in the right forum! I have had several of my threads moved to different forums, I find that sometimes pictures you want to share are allowed in the cat lounge, and other times they get moved to the Pictures forum! I think they really have it broken down well with the "whats up pussy cat" "health and nutrition" "pregnant cat and kitten care" "behavior" "cat lounge""IMO" "Other animals" "Announcements" "the signature request forum" "care and grooming" "breeders corner" "Strays and ferals" "SOS" "crossing the bridge" and the every famous "premier lounge" Oh yeah, and "new cats on the block"
I have never posted the same thread in more than one forum to make sure it was answered because that is against the rules and regulations they dont appreciate the flooding! I dont get too angry when I see something that doesn't belong in one forum in another because personally I think the cat lounge is a mix of everything, but there is always and obvious spot for where it should be, but the newer people sometimes have trouble figuring it out and I know I did too! I have a feeling that our moderator team spends quite a while, maybe hours moving one thread to a different forum! They have a lot of work to do each day, and they are very good about it! I think alot of people try to help out when they can, if they see something where it doesn't belong they try to tell the moderators so they can move it to the right spot! Sometimes its not always a clear cut answer on where it should be!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorites... How obvious was that? Duh! :smacking_myself_on_forehead:

The descriptions dont guide you all the time... there is a fine line between some subjects, but for the most part, I think it is pretty self explanatory. Hmmm... I'm not sure if I've had one moved or not. I'm thinking I might have, but cant remember which one, or if I'm imagining it
Guess it's been awhile.

I have never posted a duplicate message, but I have migrated my posts to other forums. For example: if I post in the Pregnant Cats forum about my foster kittens, then later post in the Fur Pictures forum as the pictures no longer relate to kitten care, but are just cute to look at!

No I dont get angry or frustrated when I see a post in the wrong spot... When I view posts I do it from the "New Post" link on the plaza, so a lot of ties I dont even realize what forum I'm reading in. With the exception on the Preggo Cat forum, I dont really go into particular forums from the Cat Forum pages. Although sometimes I think I should as the posts come so fast some days. Of course I'm not a moderator
I can only imagine how much time they have to spend fixing things and keeping them running smoothly, I imagine it's countless hours a week. Once again, my hats off to them! Thank you

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

A couple of you got the right answer with different links, But you were first!

Congratulations!

Remember, KatKwery is going to pay over 100,000 points, so a good time to start stockpiling points is now!. If there is a tie during the playoffs, the top seeded player wins every thing so start thnking of position, position, position!

YAY! Thanks!