Am I the Only Person in the World Who Can Hurt Herself While Sleeping?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I was having some kind of wild dream last night because I somehow gouged my fingernail into my cheek and took off several layers of skin! I remember thinking, "OUCH!"

I'm a klutz in my sleep.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I guess I was having some kind of wild dream last night because I somehow gouged my fingernail into my cheek and took off several layers of skin! I remember thinking, "OUCH!"

I'm a klutz in my sleep.
oooh dont worry your not alone!
i used too do sewing in my bed and left a needle stuck in the matress and woke up with that in my side that hurt...
then there was the time i left a foil scraper thing under my pillow and woke up with a 2 inch deep gash in my arm

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, I've gouged skin out of my forehead with my fingernails in my sleep before. I don't even realize it until I get up and look in a mirror.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I'm a klutz in my sleep.
Ouch! Do you have any polysporin that you can put on it to help it heal faster and not get infected?

I've injured myself a few times while sleeping.

I have a waterbed that doesn't have padded frames. One time back in the early 1980's I must have rolled over and flung my arm and whacked the board with my left wrist/hand. The next day my wrist was so sore and swollen, and bruised. I went to a walk-in-clinic and they checked it out (no xray), and bandaged it up and told me that if it's not better in a week to go and have it xrayed. A few days later while at work, I was in the bathroom pulling up darn support hose when I heard "SNAP!" OMG! The pain was blinding. I dropped to my knees and started crying. I managed to get those stupid panty hose pulled up and then asked the boss to drive me to the ER!

An xray was done and I had apparently tore some ligaments or tendons (forget which). The next thing I know the police, psychologists and social workers were circling me and asking me questions. They thought I was being abused. I kept telling them that I wasn't in a relationship at that time (which was true) and hadn't been for a while, but they didn't believe me and thought I was protecting some guy who was beating me up.

Anyway, it took weeks and weeks for that injury to heal. And I still don't really know what the cause was. The only thing I can think of is that I smacked my arm really hard on the waterbed board.

And back in March I dislocated my shoulder in my sleep!

But I'm just as clultzy when I'm awake

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally hurt other people when Im sleeping.. but have hurt myself a few times also! Im a sleep eater too... one time I woke up with a container of chocolate chip cookie dough... no idea how it got there!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm nope, i have woken up with my back hurting worese then normal
couple of weeks ago i woke up kinda twisted around. back hurt so bad i could not even bend over and put my colthes on.

err and no i did not go to work naked.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm nope, i have woken up with my back hurting worese then normal
couple of weeks ago i woke up kinda twisted around. back hurt so bad i could not even bend over and put my colthes on.

err and no i did not go to work naked.
Why not??? Ya could of given some folks a good show!

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my ex brother in law bit a huge hunk out of my sister's face while he was sleeping. he punched her in the stomach when she was about 7 months pregnant in his sleep, and knocked a hole in the wall beside the bed in his sleep.

but i usually dont hurt myself in my sleep, unless you count the zillion and one times i woke up out of a dead sleep as a teenager with those horrid leg cramps(the kind that makes you scream like someone is murdering you) and bashed my head on the top bunk or better yet fell off the top bunk!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fell asleep on my massage table, rolled off and hit my head so hard I had a mild concussion.
I had a mild case of hives, and scratched them to pieces with my toenails while sleeping.
I came in a tad inebriated once when I still lived with my parents, went to dive on to my bed, missed, and came down with my head stuck between the bed frame and the very heavy nightstand. That was the worst, I had a black eye, broken nose, several nasty bruises, just looking like I had the crap beaten out of me.
Those are just the worst of them. I think I am clumsier in my sleep than awake.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bedside cabinet really needs to be moved, as some mornings I will wake up with a bruised forehead

I also hate waking up with awful back pain where I have twisted in my sleep somehow, and stayed like it 'til morning..that sure hurts!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I partially dislocate hips and shoulders when rolling over in bed, and I must sleep wrong too since I wake up incredibly sore some days. For the last three days my whole back and pelvis have been bothering me, no idea what I did in my sleep to cause it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was nicknamed the hulk for how I slept ....lol.. I pulled apart night clothes , wreched my neck , pulled out a hip..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy Cow! I had no idea I had so much company. My husband is very active in his dreams but he doesn't hurt himself. Once, he dreamed he was pulling a tree out of the ground and the cats and I were out of that bed fast!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL significant other used to accuse me of sleep-karate. I jerk in my sleep and one night smacked my head on the bed frame twice in a row...I woke up with a HUGE bruise across my forehead... kind of emberassing....

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amazingly, I've never hurt myself in bed.....which considering the way I dream is a big surprise!

I have however....
Dreamed that I swallowed my mouth guard in the night, only to wake up and find it out of my mouth and missing (finally located it UNDER the bed)

Woken up with my lower body in the bed, and my pillow and head on the nightstand......

Screamed so loudly in my sleep that hub woke me up to get me to shut up...

And the one thing that almost got me hurt, 'cuz hub almost killed me..... I was dreaming that something came in the bedroom door and was in the floor on my side of the bed, I woke him up telling him to turn on the light so I could see what was over there (mind you, we both have the lamps that you touch to turn on).....when he turned on the light, it woke me up, I turned around and asked him why he turned it on, because it woke me up, then I laid back down and went promptly back to sleep. I think it took Charlie a good long while to get back to sleep though, which is why he considered killing me, lol!